Some shots from the weekend

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Djarum, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    These were all using 40-150. There are a few images that are cropped, and those would be the one's with "crop" in their name.

I'm still on the fence with this lens. Even in good light, sometimes it misses focus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Is this the four thirds lens and on which camera, DJ, I'm sorry I just can't keep everyone's camera of choice straight.

3. BBW

4. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I'd like to keep it seperate because I'm looking for some constructive criticism on these. That thread was more for information regarding the lens to those who may be interested in getting it.

Thanks.

5. BBW

Ah, OK, that's fine, DJ.

6. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    My favorite is the one with his/her head upside down cleaning wings, mainly because of composition and especially light on head.
    - Nice shot given birds don't pose very well...

7. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason

Thanks. These geese were strange. I mean, their heads were contorted in ways only one could imagine. They were cleaning themselves. The ducks on the other hand tend to run away when getting close. The little birds typically don't mind, and can be photogenic when they want, LOL.

8. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Question:
    - How would same photo look like with different crop?
    - I don't have wider view with air or birds in the back ground

But do you like this?
    - I do!!!

Attached Files:

9. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason

Its an interesting take.

The shot was made at 150mm(300mm 35mm eq). I was looking to isolate the subject. He/she was one of the few that wasn't picking at himself and sorta posing a little. I really wanted the eyes in a specific spot, which forced me to chop off the backend a little, but thats ok with me.

10. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    - You like it? (or is that a nice polite way to say "no"?)

I don't see what is so specific about the spot the eye is currently at, but maybe that is hard to explain not knowing the context.

Personally I prefer(ed) to have some space arround the subject, especially family shots. But lately I start to see that if you cut (crop) a picture then you have to crop it well.

:horse:

That is also why I like the aspect ration switch on the LX3, why do all pictures need to be full 4:3 size? :wink:
    - If you do post-processing then cropping is probably the easiest and most effective way to improve shots (that is besides scripted adjustments).