1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Some random images from my G1

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by texascbx, Apr 4, 2010.

1. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Very nice ducks, but even better congratulations on your recently Irish Setter! I'm guessing that is your wife with your new dog and she looks very happy.:smile:

Over my years of growing up with or having my own dogs, I've only known what it can be like to live with an older blind dog. Some do amazingly well. This fellow looks to be pretty young and full of vim and vigor!:biggrin: That's really great that you were able to adopt him/her.:2thumbs:

P.S. Don't get me wrong - I have a special fondness for ducks, as well as dogs.:wink:

3. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks BBW. The dog was mistreated and not fed well too. She had glaucoma and was in pain and going blind so they operated on her and now she is totally blind. Her eyes are artificial as they thought no one would take her if her eyes sockets were sewn shut. She is five and she's been blind about five months. We used to raise setters so the picture of the dog and my wife made my day as my wife is very happy to get her.

4. BBW

Thanks for more background. I'm so glad that you and your wife were able to bring her home into your lives. She is a lucky dog for sure to be able to spend the second half of her life in a loving home with good people.

I'm a dog lover, as well. It's heartwarming to read your story, texascbx. Congratulations to all of you! You have a Siberian Husky, too, don't you? I'm sure the two of them will have great fun at your new ranch!

5. lggomez

lggomez Mu-43 Regular

Here's is my dogs also. I love dogs, all kind. They're seven dogs in my home, Rhodesian, Siberian and the rest are what we call in Colombia "criollos" (not special breed), these where born in my home. Also have a horse "Orion" that I never ride, he's like another pet on the house.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

Luis, thank you so much. They're all beauties! The second one is very endearing and sweet. I think I would like it where you live.:biggrin:

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Nice crisp shots and good colour - I think I need a G1.

• Like Like x 1
  8. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    On auto focus, I find about 20 percent or so are not focused good enough to suit me. The 14-45 is nearly always spot on, the 45-200 on the long end can get way off.