1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Some questions for people pre-ordering an E-P5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dalton, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    I placed my order with B&H for an E-P5 kit with the 17mm and VF-4 viewfinder today. If the rumor is correct, there will be a slight delay for US deliveries because of last minute FCC certification on the built in wifi. Some have said that the delay will be just a few days.

I don't know how to do a formal forum poll and hope one hasn't already started but, I am curious about what color and lens/viewfinder options are people ordering with their E-P5?

1. Chrome body only
    2. White body only
    3. Black body only
    4. Chrome body 17mm/VF-4 kit
    5. Black body 17mm/VF-4 kit
    6. Chrome body and separate VF-4 viewfinder
    7. White body and separate VF-4 viewfinder
    8. Black body and separate VF-4 viewfinder

To start things off....

I ordered number 5, the Black body 17mm/VF-4 kit
    Dan
    Portland, Oregon

2. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I ordered no. 1 but am also considering the chrome kit with the 17mm lens and vf4 if it indeed comes out before the body only. I'm planning on flipping the 17mm lens since I already have a set of lenses ready for it. That'll basically make the vf4 free...

3. Capt T

Capt T Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2010
    Ordered the silver with black trim 17mm/vf4 kit.

4. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Was going to sell the 17mm separately but...

I have decided to keep the 17mm and sell my Panasonic 20mm. I have the 12mm and the Panasonic 25mm too so the 17mm gets me closer to the middle between the two.

I hope I got in the order queue at B&H early enough to get my kit in the first round of shipments.
    Dan

5. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I ordered the silver super kit.

6. utahlasvegas

utahlasvegas Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    I ordered the silver kit. It'll be my first ever silver camera, and I'm stoked! I put in the preorder with amazon on May 26, and the wait is making me a little crazy.

7. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    I ordered the Silver and the VF4 (already have the 17mm) from Adorama. My first Pen (EP1) was the silver. My second (EP3) was in black, but I missed the Retro look, so going back to silver.
    Got an email today that they are hoping for the end of the month, but said he would give me a call if the kits come in first and I want to go that route. (Pays to have a long standing relationship with a salesman. :biggrin:)

8. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    I ordered combo 4.

Any idea when they'll start shipping? Couldn't wait anymore :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    Aah, just couldn't read message above: end of month. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. stephen99`

stephen99` New to Mu-43

Jun 22, 2013
    Just got an email from Amazon regarding preorder. I placed my order on May 27. The email says delivery estimated between July 24 and August 22. Sheesh! Looks like a long summer with no camera.

11. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    That's a bit disappointing...

I had a phone conversation with a B&H salesperson a few days ago. I asked what the chances were that they would have enough black kits to fill my order in the first round of shipments. He said that they still had enough kits coming to fill existing pre-orders. I hope that still holds up well.
    I am really looking forward to using my E-P5 this Summer just like a lot of us are.
    I need to learn better patience. I am old enough to have acquired some patience over my lifetime...Sheesh!
    Dan
    Portland, Oregon

12. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I sure hope it starts shipping soon... Getting kinda antsy for it.... Funny how low key the EP5 release is as compared to the OMD. I remember how a ton of people were so excited when that came out, me included...

13. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    I ordered the black body, black 17, and black VF4 from B&H about three weeks ago.

Glad to hear that B&H expects enough capacity to fill existing orders.

Also have an E-PL5 black in bound. Result will be a 3 body kit, adding to my black E-M5. Although I think there is a chance that the E-P5 may supercede the E-M5 for me... time and use will tell.

I selected black simply because in many situations I want the camera to be less obtrusive, rather than more so.

14. zane73

zane73 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2013
    Pilot Mnt, NC
    Patrick
    I ordered the Black body 17mm/VF-4 kit through Amazon on June 11th. I received an order update from them today stating that the estimated arrival date is July 24 - August 22. I'm a bit disappointed, so I may just order the E-PL5 so I'll have a camera to use while I sell off my Canon 7D and lenses.

15. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    B&H still says june 27th for the super kit and body only where as Amazon is saying 1-2 months for the kit and june 28th for the body... so let's hope B&H ships my kit on the 27th :D I cannot wait any longer.

16. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    Shipping date at B&H now July 31st.

I just spoke with a B&H customer service rep after I noticed a shipping date change to July 31st for E-P5 units and kits on their web site.

He told me that my order would not be filled until around July 31st and even then they may not have enough inventory to fill my order. I didn't place my black kit order until June 21st so I am likely late in the queue...

That is unfortunate. :boohoo:

Dan

17. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm losing my patience with the e-p5. I WANT IT NOW!

18. Dalton

Dalton Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Dan Ferrall
    I am going to be patient. I am getting exceptional IQ from my new E-PL5 and the additional features I will have in the E-P5 will simply give improved ergonomics and some nice added functionality. I can do just fine for a couple of months.
    Dan

19. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I just checked and bh photo has indeed changed their shipping date on any EP5 to July 31st.... that really is unfortunate.... But I guess it will save me some $$ since now I am re-considering my EP5 pre-order. In the interim, I ordered a brand new EP3 kit with 14-42 lens from adorama for $349 for my upcoming cruise since I already had 2 lenses in hand for it.... after seeing that the EP3 was once $899 MSRP, I may well just wait to see if the EP5 goes down in price especially since the Fuji XM-1 has been introduced at a lower price point.... oh well.... patience is a virtue, I guess....

20. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    I sold off my ep3, omd, and d600 just because i was expecting the ep5 early june. the gf1 is nice but not after having had the omd... :(