1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

some prolem with my evf on oly

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dansenor, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    hello,

I purchased an evf for my epl1 and it is fantastic ( very bright an usefull for manual focusing)
    yesterday, 2 green points appeared in the viewer and only in it ( not on lcd and, more important, not on the pictures
    has anyone an idea of what it may be?

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I guess they could be failed pixels... If they are obvious and troubling, I would send it back quickly for a replacement. That's unlucky.

Please let us know how you get on?

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  3. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    I think so too
    I'll wait for my journey on french riviera to be ended and send it back for repare or exchange
    thank you for your answer
    I guess I had better contact olympus technical support before sending the evf back

4. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    I noticed thait these green points did'nt appear in the evf when i make manual focusing and in fact it is not very troubling but rather a pity for a new material
    I try to contact olympus technical support

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

You're correct it is troubling and shouldn't be happening. If you bought the camera locally or at a reputable camera store, I'd suggest calling them tomorrow, as well.

Please keep us posted, dansenor. I'm sorry for this bad luck.

6. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    thank you for your interest
    in fact, I bought the epl1 in a local store, but since they had none, I had to buy the evf from amazone
    i think the problem comes from the evf and not from the camera
    I'm on hollidays now, so I'll contact olympus ( amazone sends to the manufacturer's guarantee) as soon a i'll be back ( next monday)