some prolem with my evf on oly

dansenor

New to Mu-43
hello,

I purchased an evf for my epl1 and it is fantastic ( very bright an usefull for manual focusing)
yesterday, 2 green points appeared in the viewer and only in it ( not on lcd and, more important, not on the pictures
has anyone an idea of what it may be?

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I guess they could be failed pixels... If they are obvious and troubling, I would send it back quickly for a replacement. That's unlucky.

Please let us know how you get on?

Cheers

Brian

dansenor

New to Mu-43
I think so too
I'll wait for my journey on french riviera to be ended and send it back for repare or exchange
thank you for your answer
I guess I had better contact olympus technical support before sending the evf back

dansenor

New to Mu-43
I noticed thait these green points did'nt appear in the evf when i make manual focusing and in fact it is not very troubling but rather a pity for a new material
I try to contact olympus technical support

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
You're correct it is troubling and shouldn't be happening. If you bought the camera locally or at a reputable camera store, I'd suggest calling them tomorrow, as well.

Please keep us posted, dansenor. I'm sorry for this bad luck.

dansenor

New to Mu-43
thank you for your interest
in fact, I bought the epl1 in a local store, but since they had none, I had to buy the evf from amazone
i think the problem comes from the evf and not from the camera
I'm on hollidays now, so I'll contact olympus ( amazone sends to the manufacturer's guarantee) as soon a i'll be back ( next monday)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom