some prolem with my evf on oly

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dansenor, Aug 7, 2010.

1. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010

I purchased an evf for my epl1 and it is fantastic ( very bright an usefull for manual focusing)
    yesterday, 2 green points appeared in the viewer and only in it ( not on lcd and, more important, not on the pictures
    has anyone an idea of what it may be?
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    I guess they could be failed pixels... If they are obvious and troubling, I would send it back quickly for a replacement. That's unlucky.

Please let us know how you get on?

• Like Like x 1
  3. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    I think so too
    I'll wait for my journey on french riviera to be ended and send it back for repare or exchange
    thank you for your answer
    I guess I had better contact olympus technical support before sending the evf back
  4. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    I noticed thait these green points did'nt appear in the evf when i make manual focusing and in fact it is not very troubling but rather a pity for a new material
    I try to contact olympus technical support
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

You're correct it is troubling and shouldn't be happening. If you bought the camera locally or at a reputable camera store, I'd suggest calling them tomorrow, as well.

Please keep us posted, dansenor. I'm sorry for this bad luck.
  6. dansenor

dansenor New to Mu-43

Jul 27, 2010
    thank you for your interest
    in fact, I bought the epl1 in a local store, but since they had none, I had to buy the evf from amazone
    i think the problem comes from the evf and not from the camera
    I'm on hollidays now, so I'll contact olympus ( amazone sends to the manufacturer's guarantee) as soon a i'll be back ( next monday)