Some people just prefer Fuji

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by ahuyevshi, Jun 6, 2013.

1. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    OM-D PL25

2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Brilliant !
  3. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    and i thought it was another one of those :horse: threads :)
  4. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Lol... It's not, I love my X100 and OM-D both, just differently...
  5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Snap - I also love my OMD & X100, 2 great cameras that are fun to use and good in different ways!
  6. cmpatti

cmpatti Mu-43 Veteran

May 8, 2011
    Berkeley, CA
    So this is a serious inquiry, not an effort to start an argument. I've been very interested in the X100s, but every time I consider buying one, I have trouble answering the question, why not just use my OMD with Panasonic 20mm f/1.7? The one thing I've come up with is that the high sync speed permitted by the leaf shutter would allow some use of daylight flash that I can't do with the OMD, but so far, that hasn't been enough to justify the purchase of an entirely new camera. (I don't do much daylight flash.)

Help me out here: fathers' day is around the corner!
  7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    So I toyed with the idea of upgrading to the S but I have an XE-1 and it's essentially the same sensor. The leaf shutter is awesome for high speed sync and a fixed 35mm F/2 is amazing but it's not for everybody. 35mm is my favorite Focal length, so I'd compare it to the 17mm 1.8

I have the old X100 and I do a lot of street type shooting with it and fill flash with the built in ND filter produces amazing results.

Yesterday on my daughters field trip as usual I had both and I shot primarily with the X100 and had the OM-D with the 25 mounted for a few shots..

There is just something about the X100 that no other digital body has done for me, can't explain it.. I didn't upgrade to the S because the X-E1 IQ to me isn't the same as the X100. I think it will be the first body that I never sell

I haven't used the 20mm in years, and I remember selling it because AF on the GF1 and EP2 was horrible and slow.

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I've always been fond of Fuji - I love the colors and IQ. I'm sticking with :43: now because I have a good bit invested in lenses and I would prefer to spend money on an UWA or the 75mm than invest in another camera. Great shots!:thumbup:
  9. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Superb shots P3310311.jpg
  10. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Love it!!! I don't like getting into this or that threads, everybody is different and everybody has different styles. Since I got the XE-1 I almost stopped using my 5D2 completely, then with the X100, stopped using the XE-1.

The OM-D complements the X100 for me..
  11. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    the young lady has excellent taste. And a beautiful smile, too.