Some Panasonic GX7 love at TOP

T N Args

Agent Photocateur
Real Name
call me Arg
A complimentary article on The Online Photographer this week, take a look.

The comments are also well worth a read. Some owner reports (in the comments section) are very nicely written.

val

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
William
I bought the GX7 because at the time it was the best M43 camera for me and even after the E-M1 I still would of bought the GX7. The GX7 definitely gets overlooked at my workplace because of the E-M5/10/1 and GM1 because of word of mouth, advertising and/or price/design.

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
What has happened to his first picture. Look at the mountains behind the couple? That's not normal, isn't it?
I'm not sure, you mean the jittery bokeh? My 20 seems to be a bit cleaner than that, but I can still get a slight doubling effect like in this example. Maybe what you see is specific to his copy, or to version II, or just a situational combination of background, harsh light, etc.(these are from the Arizona desert, and the sunlight is quite harsh there), The Bokeh is much smoother in other examples he posted, so my guess is its situational.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Explore 2013-6-15 by GFFPhoto, on Flickr

napilopez

Contributing Editor
Real Name
Napier Lopez
Like GFFPhoto said, that doubling effect. Quite ugly bokeh. I haven't seen that before... (you have to klik it bigger before....)
In my experience, this can happen with almost any lens. Basically just happens when the background is OoF, but just barely. For some reason, I think the 20mm just seems to find itself in these situation more often than other lenses. When it happens on the 25mm F1.4, it's worse. It just happens less often since that lens normally just has more bokeh in the first place. I think the only lens I haven't seen this happen on in M4/3 is the Nocticron. Doesn't bother me at all personally, though.

htc

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Harry
Doesn't bother me at all personally, though.
Huh! Tens of thousands pictures without that experience (including 20/1.7 lens). In that scale it would definitely bother me. It would be nice to know the cause and circumstances it happens.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom