Some Panasonic GX7 love at TOP

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by T N Args, Apr 16, 2014.

1. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    A complimentary article on The Online Photographer this week, take a look.

The comments are also well worth a read. Some owner reports (in the comments section) are very nicely written.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. val

val Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2013
    Australia
    William
    I bought the GX7 because at the time it was the best M43 camera for me and even after the E-M1 I still would of bought the GX7. The GX7 definitely gets overlooked at my workplace because of the E-M5/10/1 and GM1 because of word of mouth, advertising and/or price/design.

4. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
  5. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I'm not sure, you mean the jittery bokeh? My 20 seems to be a bit cleaner than that, but I can still get a slight doubling effect like in this example. Maybe what you see is specific to his copy, or to version II, or just a situational combination of background, harsh light, etc.(these are from the Arizona desert, and the sunlight is quite harsh there), The Bokeh is much smoother in other examples he posted, so my guess is its situational.

9049206282_dc2ab02e7b_b. Explore 2013-6-15 by GFFPhoto, on Flickr

6. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    In what way?

7. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    TOP can be a good read, especially as it's not that much gear-centric. I'm glad to read we have similar tastes in cameras :biggrin:

8. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Like GFFPhoto said, that doubling effect. Quite ugly bokeh. I haven't seen that before... (you have to klik it bigger before....)

9. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    In my experience, this can happen with almost any lens. Basically just happens when the background is OoF, but just barely. For some reason, I think the 20mm just seems to find itself in these situation more often than other lenses. When it happens on the 25mm F1.4, it's worse. It just happens less often since that lens normally just has more bokeh in the first place. I think the only lens I haven't seen this happen on in M4/3 is the Nocticron. Doesn't bother me at all personally, though.

10. htc

htc Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Finland
    Harry
    Huh! Tens of thousands pictures without that experience (including 20/1.7 lens). In that scale it would definitely bother me. It would be nice to know the cause and circumstances it happens.