1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Some of my Macro shots with my Lumix (an on-going post)

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by StudioHeraBell, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Up Close and Personal

In the following months, I will start sharing some of my macro imagery at this post.

Your comments are much appriciated, and makes me feel a part of the group.:)

If it wasn't for my friend Frank I would have never bought an old world manual macro lens (ashi Pentax 50mm) and an adaptor for my Lumix camera and extention tubes and experiment wih macro photography with my Lumix Camera.

This was shot minutes ago. with the 50 mm lens on a Lumix GH2, without extention tubes.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Subscribed! I love macro photography.

Nice first picture.:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Lovely colours and the water drops look sharp, but what is it?
    Any clues?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Petals of a flower? Can you guess which one?

With macro it becomes quite exciting to create fabulous semi abstract wall art material.

5. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Looking at the petal in the background, I can only guess it's a Tulip?

I like shooting in macro mode, sometimes it can suprise you and show you something you may not of seen.
    I took a few photo's of a very small flower that was only about 4-5mm across. This shot the flower petals are a bit out of focus, but one of the Anthers is open showing the pollen inside it. I was very suprised to capture this as I did not see it with the naked eye.

P1010303s.jpg

6. Yes it is the petals of an unusual tulip.

Can you guess what this is?

RustArt.jpg

7. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Also part of a flower? :confused:

Great abstract looking photos though - I could imagine large framed prints of them hanging on the walls of a nice cafe. :smile:

I imagine/guess that interesting abstract macro photos could also be made with food (fruit, vegetables, cheese)?

• Like Like x 1
  8. It was printed on a brushed metal. You guessed it it sits on a wall, but at a dentist's waiting room. hehehe

It is macro shot of a rust on a car.

9. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2012
    Cool! I'll be watching as well.

Reed
    DMC-365.blogspot.com

10. Ok, you can shoot great fully focused close-ups without a macro lens. Like this one. Shot with GH2. 14-140mm lens.

For more info you can visit the Blog post:

My Photo Ramblings: Bright Pink Gerberia

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  11. The same flower, now shot with 50mm manual old Pentax macro lens on GH2 and portable Lumix flash in my hand away from camera pointing to the flower from the side, all hand held.

As composed, no cropping. Did not alter the color.

1/80 sec at f/8, manual focus ISO 400

[​IMG]

12. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ad
    Prefer the first one by far, with its bright and cool looks, the water drops and a piece of background at the right. The second one is more an average flower pic although the lighting also gives it a bit extra. Very nice, I'm jealous of your vision!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dear Ad, thank you for your comments. Just pick up your camera, get inspired and shoot. By experimenting seeing things around you differenty you will developp a vision.

Cheers,

Hera

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Beautiful!

15. Yesterday 15 of us ventured to an outing with our local camera club at the Botanical Gardens.

Shot with Lumix GH2, Lumix 14-140mm lens, natural light. Composed as is, there were no cropping done on any of my images. (I was using 8x10 ratio mode in camera) on manual mode f/8, 78mm focal on the lens, 1/40 shutter, ISO 160.

It isnt a macro shot.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    What a shot! Beautiful!:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2