Some Kentucky Street Photography

• Thread starter Deleted member 20897
  • Start date
Real Name
Andrew L
Good stuff! I like how all these images tell something of a story without trying too hard - some street stuff gets distilled so much that it really loses approachability, but this is down to earth. #2 is my fave, the stuffed dog makes it!
GX1•17/2.8•30/2.8

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
great shots.... would you care to share your PP method? -I really like the B/W look you are getting

cheers

K

D

Deleted member 20897

great shots.... would you care to share your PP method? -I really like the B/W look you are getting

cheers

K

Absolutely. In camera - I shoot pretty flat JPG (as is the case here). I then do a Contrast +10, set the black and white points in the histogram, if needed. I do a clarity +20, vibrance +10. Sharpness +35.

I then kick off the onOne Perfect B&W plugin and either use the City Streets or Large Dynamic Range preset as a starter and then tweak to taste. For these images I used the City Street preset and bumped up the Detail slider to +20.

Saved it, then back into Lightroom where I do a crop if necessary and then do a post crop Vignette of -20.

That is pretty standard across all my street photography shots.

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
Absolutely. In camera - I shoot pretty flat JPG (as is the case here). I then do a Contrast +10, set the black and white points in the histogram, if needed. I do a clarity +20, vibrance +10. Sharpness +35.

I then kick off the onOne Perfect B&W plugin and either use the City Streets or Large Dynamic Range preset as a starter and then tweak to taste. For these images I used the City Street preset and bumped up the Detail slider to +20.

Saved it, then back into Lightroom where I do a crop if necessary and then do a post crop Vignette of -20.

That is pretty standard across all my street photography shots.

thanks for that - will check out onOne

k

D

Deleted member 20897

No problem. I don't believe in "secret sauces" and trying to hide what I do.

Latest threads

Top Bottom