1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

some issues with olympus viewer 3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by orflo, Oct 12, 2014.

1. orflo

orflo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Frank
    Hi,
    I'm quite new to trying out this editor, and I have some questions...
    1) Is there a way to duplicate the pictures on OV3 so that I don't lose the original RAW pic (I'm on a mac lion)?
    2) I encountered this strange thing: I took about 1600 pictures, deleted already some 500 on the camera, and, as I used to do with Nikon gear, I decided to have a better look at them on a bigger screen and after that the decision of deleting/keeping is made. And I deleted some 600 more (the exact number has no importance), moved them to the bin, got the message 'are you sure you want to move the selected images to the bin?' (I'm translating from Flemmish here) , clicked on the 'remove files from the disk' small square, and proceeded. Every time again I got the message that some files can't be removed from the disk. So, one time I tried darktable to have a wider range of possibilities to work on the pictures, I opened up the maps, and to my surprise, every single picture was still in the OV3 maps, including the deleted ones and some very short videos that were made as a try-out (and also deleted..). So, what did I do wrong, these files still seem to be completely intact on my mac, which is quite annoying..?
    Frank

2. Jazz80

Jazz80 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 27, 2014
    Hi Frank,
    1) you don't lose the original raw PIC in OV3. There should be a button allowing u to revert back to original after making edits. I vaguely remember it being on the bottom right of the screen.
    2) OV3 can be a little buggy. I've experienced the same error before. But its gone away for me now. Possibly solution was to reinstall or update the program. I did both so not sure what fixed it for me.

Edit: hit reply before answering question 2 by accident

• Like Like x 1
  3. orflo

orflo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Frank
    Thanks,
    I will re-install and see if that works...
    I just had a try and cut a picture (during processing it can go back to the original), closed OV3, opened it again, and that cut picture was unable to go back to the original, I couldn't click on that button any more...Also some sort of a bug?

4. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    The original ovf files will still be in your hard drive.

Barry

• Like Like x 1