Some impressive vids of the EM-5 in action.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RR76, Feb 19, 2012.

1. RR76

RR76 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2011
    South Wales UK
    • Like Like x 6
  2. rex87

rex87 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    winnipeg, mb
  3. two40

two40 New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2012
    Very impressive. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    EM-5 = Smooooookin! :2thumbs: :cool:
  5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

This same guy posted some other videos too{looks like 5 total on the E-M5}.

The more I see of this camera the more I want one for photography but the less I want it for video. However I think this is going to be exactly the best camera for me when I go out hiking and shooting{95% stills}.
  6. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Nice videos. Thanks for sharing. :)
  7. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    why does it lessen your want for video? Not saying i'd want it for video, but curious.
  8. speedandstyle

The specs on the camera's video mode are not very impressive. Also several things that would make for a good video camera are missing from it. First it has no built in mic port , there is an external adaptor but I had hoped it would have it built in. If it had a full flip out and rotatable screen that would be far better for video use. The two special video features that are built into the camera are very cheesy motion blur filters. The few videos showing it's video performance indicate that the AF is very slow and inaccurate in video mode. Of coarse I have not seen a well done review of the video mode , so it may not be as bad as I fear. BUT it isn't a GH2 killer. I was hoping it would be as good if not better. It seems that Olympus wants to concentrate on photographers and leave the video sales to Panasonic.
  9. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    Ah, I jumped to that when the recording specs came out. Without a full set of options, it was clear they were not after the gh2
  10. brunerww

Mar 5, 2011
    Too bad. Not going after Panasonic in video is not a very competitive business strategy - in a very competitive marketplace.

Panasonic is on record saying they are planning a "very high end" camera - and that new camera will almost certainly go after the EM-5 in stills.

Unilateral disarmament doesn't work ;-)
  11. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Gee Whiz!

When some Oly rep said there was the equivalent of a steady cam inside the EM-5 I thought, "Oh yeah, typical Olympus grandiose exaggerated statement. But I take it back." :2thumbs:
  12. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Personally ( and I know this holds true for many ) I'd be happy if they'd put out an EM-5 or like with zero video and just put in pumped up other goodies. :smile:
  13. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

I'm with you on this topic...movies are for movie cameras so let us keep them separate.
  14. speedandstyle

I tend to agree EXCEPT they don't make any good video cameras with interchangeable lenses for less than $5000 MSRP! This is the biggest reason why the HDSLR craze has taken hold. That and the incredible DOF capable with a larger sensor. I so hope and pray that Panasonic will figure this out and build a prosummer camcorder using m43 mount and sell it for $1000-$2000. I think they would make a killing with the indie film makers and want-a-be film makers! I know I would get one and maybe even two of them.