1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Some from Chattanooga, TN

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Djarum, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I was in Chattanooga, TN for Memorial day weekend. My other half and I spent most of our time at the river walk the first day and the Hunter Museum of Art the second day. These are from the first day. Taken with the E-P1. These are some of my favorite from the bunch. Nothing special. I hope to post the one's in and around the museum when I can. CC is always welcome.

Setting sun on the Aquarium

P9036995_cropscale.JPG

Down by the river walk
    P9037008_scale.JPG

P9037015_scale.JPG

This is at the southside of the pedestrian bridge, close to the museum. There is camera shake, but I keep coming back to this image.

P9037060_crop.JPG

And an obligatory night shot of the aquarium, off the 7th floor of the hotel

P9037070_scale.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Here are a few more. Some of this is me experimenting, so be kind :wink:

CC is always welcome. I've realized that it's hard getting decent scenic/architecture shots when its nothing but gray outside.

This first one is part of an art garden on the bluff overlooking the Tennessee River:

P9047099bws.JPG

The next two are taken around some older buildings in the art district.

P9047109.JPG

Another here posted a very similar picture from the same location. His approach was HDR. I had horrible lighting, so I thought I'd try something different.

P9047107fs.JPG

And for something different, in the museum. Probably my favorite.

P9047132s.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. Numbering all your images sequentially, I'm liking #2, 3, 7 & 8. I reckon #8 in particular would look great in a high contrast B&W. Great sense of space in that shot.

4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Nic,

Honestly, on number 8, if I had the patience and know how, what I'd like to do is do a real muted color on the entire scene and keep the chairs and people saturated.

My favorites for some reason are 3 and 5, and 8 being a close second favorite. I think I can do more with 8, just not sure what.

5. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Colorado
    Nice to see another fellow man from Huntsville! We like taking our family up to Chattanooga, especially the aquarium. Our kids love it...and I think it's pretty cool too! :)

I really like the second to last photo. The blue of the pool really stands out against the background. I also like the 3rd photo with the sunset, water fountains, and the silhouettes of the people in the background.

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Wow. Someone else here in Huntsville who has a mFT camera. Haven't seen anyone around shooting besides myself with one. I did see someone last summer with an NEX-5 around big spring park. We've done the aquarium a ton of times. I enjoy it. We decided to do something different and visit the art district and museum up there on the bluff. If you get a chance, it's worth doing too. Maybe not so much for the kiddies, though.

7. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Colorado
    Yes, in fact I have a friend at work that got me into to m4/3. I had to sell my DSLR, but I've been really happy with it so far. He's currently shooting a GF2. I'll have to check out the art district. It's actually been a couple of years since we've been there. About time for a return trip.