1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Some downtown NYC architecture

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by napilopez, Apr 22, 2012.

1. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Took these 2 days ago as it was starting to get dark. I love the architecture in this part of the city; it's a beautiful and close juxtaposition of the oldest and newest in New York. Case in point: I took all of these photos standing in essentially the same exact spot; I simply turned my body and maybe took a step or two in a direction for compositions sake. I don't really do much architecture shooting so I hope you like them!

All shot Raw on my G3 with the 20mm f1.7 @ f1.7, processed through Lightroom. No multi-shot HDR, just some messing with the dynamic range using some of the sliders.

Construction of the Freedom Tower:
    [​IMG]

A Gothic style office building:
    7103705521_b40594d0a9_c.jpg

8 Spruce street by Frank Ghery, a great architect. If you're ever around this part of the city, check this building out during sunset. It's absolutely stunning thanks to it's wavy structure. Unfortunately I was a bit too late for that shot, but still:
    7103704181_639f8076a1_c.jpg

Such different architecture to be seen from the same spot simply by facing different cardinal directions!

• Like Like x 7
  2. -Swo0p

-Swo0p Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 16, 2012
    very nice

3. emirabal

emirabal Mu-43 Regular

One of my favorite aspects of being in the city. You are so correct in being able to turn around and just see all the differences.

4. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Thanks! And emirabal, indeed that is true, especially in the lower area near wall street and battery park.