Some details from Castle Guttenberg ...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by rst, May 18, 2010.

1. rst

rst Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Last weekend I visited castle Guttenberg. The only images I brought back were some details I thought I show here after a longer absence from the forum.

[​IMG]
    Castle Guttenberg - Detail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Ruediger

• Like Like x 8
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Interesting where you can find a picture - must try the closer look.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thank you so much for these rst, you and your photographs have been missed! These are lovely images. Their subtlety belies their complex nature. I don't mean to sound esoteric but I think that zeroing in or "narrowing" one's field of view often brings to bear much more than seeing the whole. Perhaps it's a case of "less is more".

My only complaint is that I would love to see them in a larger size.

The third photograph is my favorite, if I were to have to chose. Its etherial nature is wonderful.

P.S. rst would you remind me which camera you are using, or used here?

• Like Like x 2
  4. rst

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Thank you for the kind comments. Usually I avoid showing too big images on the net because load times may annoy people with slower internet connections. So here, just for you a somewhat bigger version of your favorite one.

[​IMG]

For the details, I use a G1 and (let me check the EXIF data) that image is captured at ISO200 with the 14-45mm at 14mm and f4.0.

Cheers
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thank you so much Ruediger, this is even more beautiful in its full glory.

P.S. And thanks for the camera and other details, too. However it the details and light here are what continue to grab and hold me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. rst

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Well, this image, maybe together with the arch is also my favorite of that day. When I entered the room that window immediately began begging at me to be photographed. In the end it was me who conceded.

Cheers
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Beautiful work. I guess I'm in the minority - I'm most taken by the first one. I can't quite make out what sort of architectural element it is (I guess something in the ceiling). Without a clear context, it exists as pure art and I find it really beautiful. Like a painting. Very very nice.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  8. rst

Jan 25, 2010
    Germany
    Yes it is part of the ceiling. To the left is an oriel (if that is the right word.)

Well it was my plan to produce a very minimalistic image and so I took it out of context. Unfortunately, being concentrated on what I wanted to archive, I forgot to take a more overview shot of the oriel. OTOH I have what I wanted, so who cares about what I left there.

Cheers
    Ruediger

• Like Like x 2