Some Days The SLR Just Feels Right

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RedNumber5, May 23, 2013.

1. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    As much as I love my G1 and GH2 and their capabilities, when I get out one of my 6 Canon FD cameras, especially the T-90 it just feels nice to use. It was a camera that I couldn't afford when it first came out but of course with the rise of digital, all of these film cameras that were out of reach back then can now be bought for about the same as a tankful of gas.

I know part of it is nostalgic but when I'm using them I still have a lot of fun and of course the look of film is so different than what I can get processing in LR. I'm not one of those all digital or all film types since each has it's own pros and cons. I'm out just to enjoy the hobby and hopefully get that decisive moment.
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    And this is what it's really all about....:smile:
  3. Saw this getting a fair play a few years ago. No personal experience though.
    How to Develop Film Using Coffee and Vitamin C! Srsly! | Photojojo‎
    Mar 23, 2009 – You grab some instant coffee and vitamin C, you develop the film, and you ... Okay, first things first: using coffee to develop film is not something ...
    How-To: Develop Film with Coffee and Vitamin C (Caffenol) - YouTube
    ► 5:34► 5:34
    [ame=]How-To: Develop Film with Coffee and Vitamin C (Caffenol) - YouTube[/ame]
    Jul 1, 2011 - Uploaded by MAKE
    Did you know that you can develop your own black and white film with instant coffee, vitamin C, and ...
  4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    I agree completely. I have an old OM2n that I use rarely but when I do I still enjoy the reassuring clunk of the shutter and the firm feel of the film advance lever. I find I do not miss the rear television screen while shooting but the wait for processing color film feels very long and the process of developing b&w film, while simple, seems very tedious these days.