Featured Some bird action at the local reservoir

Discussion in 'Nature' started by kimo, Feb 2, 2017.

1. kimo

kimo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Colorado
    kimo
    There's a county open space park and reservoir just down the road from our place. On lazy afternoons my girl and I sometimes walk the foot path around the reservoir. The place attracts a lot of birds including bald eagles that migrate here to nest in winter. Usually I don't carry a camera but lately I have been. A few weeks ago I tried my hand at birds in flight for the first time. It's great fun and challenging and I was hooked. It's very satisfying to capture a flying bird in focus. I went out a bought the MC-14 teleconverter the next day. I was starting to feel my photography was in a rut but this is something new and exciting. I thought I could share some recent pics from my E-M1 and 40-150 f2.8 with and without teleconverter. Birds are great.

This is the reservoir:

• Like Like x 24
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. geoawelch

geoawelch Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2011
    NH
    George Welch
    Nice series

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Nice work. I personally love the 40-150 with the TC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mountain

Mountain Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 2, 2013
    Colorado
    Nice photos. Judging from the location of the flatirons in your photos, it wouldn't be much of a drive to go to Barr Lake State Park off of I-76. I stopped in the other day while helping my in-laws with some home repair, and saw about 20 bald eagles. The nest is a little bit far from the gazebo to get very good photos, but the trail might end up closer, I've never checked.

5. kimo

Dec 4, 2013
    Colorado
    kimo
    Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed them. It's been great watching the young fledgling become an eagle over the past month at Lagerman.

Appreciate the tip, Mountain. I read a recent news clip about the Barr Lake eagles so word is out. I'll need to get over there soon to see them.

I agree Harvey. It's my favorite lens of all time. The teleconverter makes that great lens even more versatile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kalifornier

Kalifornier Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 29, 2014
    California
    Fantastic pics!

7. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    I'd love to see your pictusesbut all I get are little blue boxes with ? inside them. Anybody else?

8. Its something @Amin Sabet@Amin Sabet is working on as we speak... it started early evening last night for me... what system and browser are you using? I'm on a MAC and have tried both Safari and Opera with the same question mark results. Has something to do with CDN as Amin has found out. Fingers are crossed that he can get it worked out... but I'm actually glad it's more than me because the more info he has the better

9. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    I'm on a Mac, but apparently he got it fixed because they are up (and beautiful) now

10. sadly not for me... glad they're back up and running for you though... now, if you could provide a detailed description of each and every one...

jk!:laugh1:

11. JamesD

JamesD Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2015
    Elk Grove, CA
    Jim Landers
    OK then, lake, eagle, eagle, eagle, seagull, seagull, seagull, seagull, lake, lake. See, i told you they were beautiful! ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Yeah, I'm getting no pics, only little blue boxes on a PC with Win 7 and Chrome.

13. kimo

Dec 4, 2013
    Colorado
    kimo
    Lol...happy the blue boxes got worked out. Cheers to Amin for all the hard work he does! And Barry, thanks for the feature. All the photography showcased at mu43.com is beautiful and inspiring. Glad to be a part of it.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  14. And tonight I can actually see what you mean... truly some wonderful shots... and as a result of being able to view them it looks like the 40-150 and MC-14 will be on my wish list... not that your descriptions @JamesD@JamesD weren't enough to get me going! :yahoo: