Some Background on grandpagord

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by grandpagord, Feb 23, 2010.

1. grandpagord

grandpagord New to Mu-43

Feb 23, 2010
    Victoria, B.C. Canada
    Greetings to all:

Just purchased a Panasonic G1, and trying to learn all the features. So far loving it! My first DSLR. This is also my first attempt at a Blog! I hope I am doing things right as I attempt to find my way around. I hope that this Site will help me enjoy the new camera to the fullest and also understand what is required to use other lenses. I have been a Contax man for 30 years and now have a these Zeiss T-Star lenses that I would like to still use ( at least some of them) and I'll sell the rest. So I need info on reasonable quality adapters etc and where to get them. Used to have my own darkroom for B&W and for colour for 20 years. Other hobbies are Ham Radio, learning to play the piano and volunteering at a Wild animal Rehab Centre.

I am long retired and reside on Vancouver Island in Canada with my Wife, cats and dogs.

Regards
    Grandpagord

• Like Like x 10
  2. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran Charter Member

Welcome Grandpagord!

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Welcome to the forum Grandpagord, someone will be able to give you first hand experience on which adapter you need in due course. Hope you'll enjoy visiting regularly, there's lots of great friendly folks on here.

Cheers

Brian

4. Enrique

Enrique Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    spain
    Wellcome Grandpagord . I usually play guitar, so call me for a JAM :smile:

5. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Another Canadian, we'll soon have most of the population on the Forum

Welcome Grandpagord

just ignore me I'm the comedian!

Cheers

6. jesito

jesito Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Sitges (Spain)
    Welcome!!

Jes.

7. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome to this great community.
    Acc to me Novoflex (Germany) may have the right quality adapters you need.

Enjoy your day.
    Kind regards, Herman

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome granpagord! I think your retirement island and life there sound fantastic and look forward to your involvement here - including some of your photos from where you live.:thumbup: If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the Housekeeping Forum where there is all sorts of help regarding how to use the gallery system, post photos in threads...etc.:smile: