1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Soligor 90 - 230 mm Lens Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by UkrainianOne, Jul 31, 2011.

1. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
  2. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    I did 4 hours of searching

and found this on another forum:

so i narrowed it down to an AR mount/adapter, which is pretty cheap on amazon, but im not 100 percent sure of this, can anyone confirm that and AR adapter/mount is in fact good for a Soligor lens on a G1?

please understand that i dont know much about this, thanks

3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    The lens looks to be an M42 mount but it is had to see the threads in the pictures. The CS probably stands for "Contax Screw" since the first commercial camera to use the M42 x 1 mm was the Contax S in 1949. If it is a screw mount, search Amazon for a M42 to Micro 4/3 adapter.

Soligor also made some interchangeable mount lenses and T-mount lenses, but from what I see this lens doesn't appear to fit in either of those categories

After following the link to auction, it is almost has to be a M42 mount lens, probably the original version that came out around 1970.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Thank you!!!

Thank you very much sir, becuase i was set in buying the AR mount since i couldnt find any other information about the adapter that this lens would take from online sources... so you saved me an extra 20 bucks, and for that i am truely greatfull :2thumbs:

5. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Ebay auctions often don't have the mount information or have the wrong information. A handy site to help identify lens mounts is SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide.

Since you were ordering from Amazon, returning the wrong mount would have been an option. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    yea ebay doesnt offer any information on adapters for begginers like me, the only thing it does offer is over-prices "native" lenses and lenses with mounts that dont fit the G1, besides that its good for bargins if your looking for a white rhino in Siberia

lets hope that the 20$ lens adpater you suggested fits, if not ill turn the lens into a leg for a broken tv stand and find a lens that fits the mount...

Is that how people usually buy lenses? buy the mount first then the lens or vis versa? lol

7. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    Or you buy adapters for the lenses you have collected over the last XX (not admitting how long) years. I have purchased the following adapters over the last few years:

4/3 (for E-620): M42, Pentax K

M4/3 (E-PL2): M42, DKL (Kodak Retina)

Pentax (K10D): M42, DKL, M645

The various M42 adapters get the most use by far. I do like the Retina lenses on the E-PL2 as they are light and (mostly) compact enough to be a good fit and they are starting to push the M42s out.

The funny part about used lenses is how things run in cycles. Just prior to Pentax introducing their first DSLR the prices for K-mount and M42 lenses were low. This held until the K-series bodies came out and the prices have gotten crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    I kind of figured that its not a bad thing to have many adapters since there is a huge amout of lenses out there that now can be used again thanks to the new 4/3 cameras coming out, which is why i bought the g1 in the first place, and as things go now i only have 2 lenses coming to me in the mail, i am also starting to realize that i may need an adapter to the body so that i dont ruin the camera body thread due to changing different mount/lenses frequently ( which i plan to do ) i have seen the DMW-MA1 and it goes for about 125 on ebay, i am wondering if there is a(n) cheaper alternative since most of my lenses will not be "native" or have AF

9. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York