Soligor 55mm f/2.8 lens.

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by bilzmale, Oct 10, 2010.

1. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Had a dig in my rag-bag of assorted film gear and came across this lens. It is M42 mount and I also have a set of extension tubes and a 3x adapter. From the build it is clearly a macro lens with a deeply recessed front element (1:2 or 1:1 with tube).

Have trawled the 'net and found Soligor is a house name for a US importer who sourced from various Japanese manufacturers including Cosina. Most of the range was zooms and I have only found one reference to the 55mm macro.

Can anyone shed more light? Have ordered a M42 to M4/3 adapter so I can test it out (with a few other M42 lenses I have). It would not focus with stacked M42>OM>MFT adapters.

2. robertro

robertro Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 22, 2010
    Soligor macro...

The only mention suggests it is built by Komine or Volna...similar but not identical to my Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 macro.

The link below has some images of the lens and results:
    Manual Focus Lenses :: View topic - Macro adapter for M42 Soligor 55mm f:2.8

Looks like a keeper. On the 4/3 sensor, I like the 50-55 focal length macro - it's easier to use a moderate ISO and shutter speed than with the 90-100 macros.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks for the link. Mine is the same as the Sears version shown in the pics including the 1:1 adapter. The second digit of the serial is a 7 which another post in that thread suggests it is made by Tokina.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.