Showcase Soligor 350mm f/5.6 Telephoto

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by ante, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    This lens looks kind of cool mounted on the E-PM1 :biggrin: It is a preset lens, i.e. you can set the aperture with one ring, and then open/close the aperture from fully open to the preset value with another ring.

I do not master this lens yet. It is very difficult to avoid motion blur. I think the lens is sharp, though, altough I am not sure. There could be some haze in it? Due to the shakiness it is very difficult to focus correctly, perhaps that is the reason for the not-so-sharp images?

The lens has an increadible bokeh, due to its 15(!)-blade aperture.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Interesting lens. Looks pretty sharp also.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The shots look good to me. If you are getting motion blur try using the self timer on the camera - that way any shaking from pressing the shutter is eliminated.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Thanks rev,

Yeah, I tried using the self timer, but only 2 sec due to my impatience. It was also quite windy which did not help. So I guess maybe the lens is fine. Just need to learn to use it. Focusing is a real challenge. But not as much as with my Vivitar 300mm with 2x Tele converter which is my next lens to test. :biggrin: