Showcase Soligor 350mm f/5.6 Telephoto

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by ante, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    This lens looks kind of cool mounted on the E-PM1 :biggrin: It is a preset lens, i.e. you can set the aperture with one ring, and then open/close the aperture from fully open to the preset value with another ring.

075.JPG

I do not master this lens yet. It is very difficult to avoid motion blur. I think the lens is sharp, though, altough I am not sure. There could be some haze in it? Due to the shakiness it is very difficult to focus correctly, perhaps that is the reason for the not-so-sharp images?

P1012013.JPG

P1011981.JPG

P1011990.JPG

The lens has an increadible bokeh, due to its 15(!)-blade aperture.

P1012010.JPG

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Interesting lens. Looks pretty sharp also.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The shots look good to me. If you are getting motion blur try using the self timer on the camera - that way any shaking from pressing the shutter is eliminated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    Thanks rev,

Yeah, I tried using the self timer, but only 2 sec due to my impatience. It was also quite windy which did not help. So I guess maybe the lens is fine. Just need to learn to use it. Focusing is a real challenge. But not as much as with my Vivitar 300mm with 2x Tele converter which is my next lens to test. :biggrin: