• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED SOLD: Pentax Takumar 200mm f/3.5

Buy/Sell feedback for deirdre (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This is an amazing lens. It's a big lens, though, and it really needs a tripod. I don't own a tripod! Sample pictures are taken with a monopod, so don't show it to fullest advantage, but I think you get the drift.

In thinking about it, I've never really been a tripod-style photographer, and even if I were, I think I'd be using shorter lenses for it.

This lens has a support collar and should be mounted on the tripod (rather than the camera). It is a beast: the lens alone weighs about 30 ounces (about 840 grams). It includes a rear-lens cap, but there is no front lens cap, only a removable insert inside the leather carrying case that goes over the lens, but doesn't snap on.

It looks almost new except for a couple of small signs of wear. The warranty card from Honeywell Pentax dates it to the mid-70s at the latest.

I'm also including the Pentax M42 (screw mount) adapter for it; it focuses just past infinity. Price is $60 shipped in the US; $70 in Canada; overseas shipping for the difference in cost.

web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1050702.JPG

W

wsurbier

What condition is the lens in?
Is the glass scratch, dust and fungus free?
Is the aperture oil free and snappy?

deirdre

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sorry I missed seeing the above: yes to all the above.

Here's some better photos now that I have a tripod:

Infinity (~50 meters), 100% crop, f/3.5, no PP:

web.jpg

Taken at about 2 meters (6 ft), this is a 100% crop with no PP. This one makes me want to keep the lens and lug a tripod around, frankly....

web.jpg

More in this photo set, along with comparison with other lenses on the same shoot. None of them have post-processing, so you can see its attributes along with other lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom