COMPLETED SOLD: Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 LNIB

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by vincechu, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

*UPDATE 03/09/10 the G1 has now been sold, the 20mm is still available and I am now inviting people to make offers for it :) *

Hi everyone, after lots of consideration and discussion here: https://www.mu-43.com/f92/advice-needed-should-i-sell-my-m4-3rds-canon-temporarily-4856/

I've very reluctantly come to the decision that I'm going to sell my Panasonic gear after all and move over to Canon for my trip touring parts China and then Hong Kong. I know I'll lose a bit of money coming back to micro four thirds after my trip, but I think it'll ultimately worth it in the end. I guess a new factor which influenced my decision since I asked for advice is the sale of one of my guitars which has given me more money to invest in this move.

Prices include insured shipping worldwide, my items are also listed elsewhere but the prices here are the cheapest listing, reflecting how much I love the community spirit here.

Panasonic 20mm £235GBP or nearest offers - Like new condition, no marks on the lens as its also been protected with a filter. Includes box, pouch and both caps and skylight filter.

*Will take photo's later when I have time or upon request*

If you have any question's don't hesitate to ask - Although I'm new to selling online (I only have 2 feedback, on these forums), I know from experience that buying things online can be worrying so I'll do my best to help and answer any questions you may have.

• Like Like x 2
  2. alessandro

alessandro Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

0   0   0

Jan 29, 2010
    Give me just the time to convert in euros!
    Would you ship to Italy? I'd get both.

3. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jul 23, 2010
    Would you consider an exchange for a Canon 1000d 50mm batteries x5 and remote cord?

4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    G1 body plzKthx.

Would you consider an exchange for some money? ...

I see your cunning plan : coming back home you'll have a great excuse to buy whatever NEW thing they've announced at Photokina! Aha!

PM sent.

5. The Nomad

The Nomad New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jun 27, 2010
    Paris - France
    Hi Vince,

I'm interested to buy the G1 body.
    I'm living in France and have 140 feedbacks on Ebay (100%). My Ebay nickname is jjbouhon.
    Is it possible to pay through Paypal?
    Best regards

Jean-Jacques

6. vincechu

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Quick bump + situation update.

Both items are still available, though I have one person whom I'm talking to about a deal for the G1, and another who is also interested in it.

I'm suprised there has been no interest in the Pansonic 20mm, as most of you will know it is a brilliant lens, fast and sharp wide open with good colour and contrast, see my flickr set for photos taken with it or perhaps take a look around the forums.

I'd also like to invite people to make me offers for the Pansonic 20mm :) Please let me know your offer and the terms of it, for example including shipping, "I'll cover Paypal fees".

7. alessandro

0   0   0

Jan 29, 2010
    Now, ok you think you'd be going to have troubles shipping to Italy, but I was ready to pay to your brother paypal account, while you had different contacts?
    I could have already paid, cause you left me the address to pay to, and I'd just written I was a bit late and asked some detail. I understand, but it is not fair nonetheless.

8. vincechu

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hi Alessandro,

Regarding the "different contacts" you refered to, it is true that Ulfric and Jean-Jacques (The Nomad) are both interested in the G1 body, and I have only placed them on a waiting list giving you full priority on both items, and I have not begun negotiating a sale with either of them (Perhaps the admins/mods can confirm this if they can read my PM's?)

I understand that it may have seem unfair for me to call of the deal and I apologise if I have offended you in anyway, however when I called off our deal earlier, it was only in your best interests, as I do not want you paying for something which may get lost and therefore you wont receive. Secondly I know you could have already paid, which is why I asked my brother to check his paypal account before I notified you, and if you paid I could have refunded you completely

I like to go about business openly and honestly, I only have 2 feedbacks for selling items online (both on this site) but they are both good and I am sure Richard and Brady will be willing to confirm what it is like doing business with me.

Finally I was, and still am happy to do business with you, as you are the 1st person to contact me about both items. However you have to understand I do not want to be held responsible for any items lost shipping to Italy, which unfortunately seems to have a bad reputation for packages being lost or delayed for quite substantial times at customs.

I ship all of my items insured to full value, so perhaps the risk is worth taking as you will be able to make an insurance claim?

Please let me know what you would like to do as soon as possible, as I need to inform the others of your decision.

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Station break for a Moderator

First let me just say that we can't read anyone's private messages unless they send them to us. (That's we as in Administrators and Moderators here).

I'm sorry for the need to discuss this sale's details in public. Sometimes things can become complicated and ideally in any sale I, personally, am of the opinion that people should contact each other offline and ideally by email since sometimes PMing takes longer than it should.

I have faith that things will get worked out and ask all parties to get in touch with each other as soon as possible by private messages or emails.

10. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Maybe we should keep things out in the open here.
    I think this is a situation that members should be aware of. Selling stuff to members in other countries is always risky.

Why keep it here and not in PM?
    Ok, if Alessandro and Vince agree to do the deal, then everyone is aware of the circumstances. If an issue happens with shipping etc, then there's no hidden agendas that can be brought up in the future.

If the buyer makes payment and the items take a while to arrive, the buyer is aware of that and so is every member.
    Vince has to decide what to do and I'm sure he'll come up with a good move.
    Keeping the info here keeps everyone in a safe zone.

My opinion and I'm holding to it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

0   0   0

Dec 15, 2009
    I agree Don. Hope you can come to a respectful agreement Alessandro, Vince :friends:

cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  12. vincechu

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thanks to BB, Shooter and Brian for the advice.

On that note from this point onwards lets keep all offers/negotiations here, and to move to PM/Email only when we need to exchange payment details or the delivery address.

Alessandro, you'll have first priority over both items, but please try to inform me of your decision as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Agreed, in this instance it is wiser to conduct things here. I feel sure that everything will work out well.

14. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Please allow for time differences around the world.
    For some reason, the world is on a different time than the clock in my kitchen.
    Thanks.....

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Nomad

The Nomad New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Jun 27, 2010
    Paris - France
    I understand Vince's problems and will not be angry if he sells these units to somebody else than me, because I was not the first to answer to his offer.
    Vince was very fair in this "story": he sent me a pm explaining clearly the situation.

Best regards to all members of this friendly community.

Jean-Jacques - The Nomad

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ulfric M Douglas

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I offered to buy vince's G1 on August 7th and he wisely decided to keep it all for his trip...
    https://www.mu-43.com/f17/withdrawn-panasonic-g1-14-140mm-20mm-4784/
    So when he put it up for sale again I offered to buy it again : even £5 cheaper!

Not so simple :confused:
    Vince explained this in PMs yesterday.

Openness always suits me
    If everyone knows what's going on we can relax a bit and let things take their proper course.

I wish to buy Vince's G1 body for £135 inc postage. I did before and I do now. I'm a little surprised (but not offended) that he didn't just PM me about it and sell without even posting a new thread ... no matter.

• Like Like x 4
  17. alessandro

0   0   0

Jan 29, 2010
    Thanks everyone for contributing. Saying Vince has not been fair has been too harsh a statement, my apologies: He's a good chap...
    The PM that stopped the deal came unexpected, but Vince's worries are understandable. It's been a frendly deal, with a bit of ingenuity on his part cause the first thing I asked for has been about his willingness to ship abroad, which he confirmed. Later he found alarming reports, good for him to have looked for: this means he's a serious seller after all.
    As a final note, I'd suggest Vince to send private e-mails as suggested by BBW instead of PM's only.
    I agree not to finalize the deal, cause both of us got nervous for different reasons and at this point a simple shipping delay could become more worrying than it should, not to speak of other accidents... :)
    So, Vince, proceed with your waiting queue and thank you for your openness.

Alessandro

• Like Like x 4
  18. vincechu

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Thank you Alesandro for being so understanding and being open with your thoughts. I'd like to wish you all the best in finding the equipment which will suit you the best.

Ulfric, you're next in the queue, so just to confirm you're happy with £135 after paypal (or paypal gift) or even bank transfer is fine as you're in the UK. £135 will include Royal Mail Special Delivery, fully insured of course. If you're happy with that we can email/PM about payment and address details. Don't hesitate to ask any questions and if you would like to see any photos, just ask :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ulfric M Douglas

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    OK Vince, PM'd for bank transfer details.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ulfric M Douglas

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Money sent by bank transfer : should be ready 12 noon today, Thursday.
    I know you can't post it today Vince, no worries.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.