1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sold Out - Promaster 7500EDF Olympus Compatible TTL Flash - $19.99 Free Shipping

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by wilson, Apr 3, 2016.

1. wilson

wilson Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2014
    National Camera Exchange has the Promaster 7500EDF Olympus Compatible TTL Flash for sale at $19.99. Free shipping at their ebay store, free shipping with $50 purchase at their direct website. (I've purchased several used lenses from Natcam, and they've been as good as or better than described, so I trust them... if you don't you can always buy through their ebay store and get ebay protection.)

Note: Does not seem to work in TTL mode with Panasonic bodies.

ebay link:
    Promaster 7500EDF Speedlight TTL Flash for Olympus E & PEN Cameras New 1110
    National Camera Exchange Website link:
    CO PROMASTER 7500EDF OLYMPUS - National Camera Exchange

manual: http://resources.dakiscdn.com/47d8f230-c025-0132-65de-00163e9110c0
    (The link is a bit whacked direct from promaster's site, just rename the downloaded file to have a ".pdf" file extension and it'll open up in any PDF reader.)

As of the posting of this message it looks like they still have 35 flash units left.

I got mine earlier this week and tried it out with my Oly E-PM2 and it works well. TTL works, but the focus assist light doesn't (I've never really gotten that to ever work with any Oly flash either.)
    I tried it on my Pany G3 and it would not work in TTL mode... strange since all my Olympus brand flashes work fine with the Panasonic as does the one Metz flash that I have.

It's definitely an older Promaster flash, so that's probably why it doesn't work with Panasonic bodies... it was probably manufactured prior to Panasonic really getting into the TTL flash supporting camera market. It's got some pretty high end features like a backlit display, auto-powered zoom, and a small flash in the front for fill flash.
    However, it's got so-so build quality, and my sample smelled like burnt plastic after trying several shots with my G3 (it was flashing at full power) and the top of the flash unit was VERY hot.

I remember considering this flash way back when I had my Olympus SP-350 back in 2006 (they were around $150 a piece back then) since my FL-40 didn't work well with it. But just opted to go with the FL-36.

Hey for $19.99 new, I grabbed one. It'll be my leave it in my car/work/"places where I won't leave my >$100 flashes" flash. If it were to go missing, I'd be more frustrated that my Eneloops in the flash were stolen more than the flash. :-O

Edit: 04-04-2016 - Sold out.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I just got one of these for $35 last month, I thought I had good deal. Basically it works great with my EM5 I/II, I also have FL600R witch is smaller size and less power than Promaster, I'm thinking get the 2nd one at this price.

Great deal, thanks!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  3. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    Thanks, ordered one. Even with the shipping and handling to Canada it seems like a decent deal.

4. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2015
    I ordered one.

Even though the site says free shipping requires a $50 minimum when I actually placed the order it offered free ground shipping.

Thx for the tip, I see Amazon is selling these for $80!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    I just picked one up direct on their website and shipping was free for ground. (less ebay makes the happier I am)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Has built in optical slave and manual control, so would be good strobist flash for $20!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. manypix

manypix Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    I went to order one, but they appeared to be out of stock.... I checked again a few minutes later and they weren't, so I ordered one.

I hope it's good! I plan to use it entirely in ETTL slave mode with my E-M5.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  8. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    I snagged 2

9. MetilHed

MetilHed Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Jeff
    Same here . . .

10. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    out of stock :(
    would have went for one!

11. DaveInPA

DaveInPA Mu-43 Regular

May 2, 2012
    Bucks County, PA, USA
    Dave
    I got one. It should arrive on Thursday.

12. DriftlessRider

DriftlessRider Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2016
    Fountain City, WI
    Ed
    Mine showed up today. It has a bunch of buttons on it. I guess I have another manual to read :blush:

13. manypix

manypix Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    I think National Camera Exchange might have oversold their stock a bit, because I received an email from them today that mentions a delay. I still want the flashes, and have no extremely urgent need, so I can wait a week or two to see if they are able to ship the product to me.... Here's the email:

--------
    Dear manypix,
    Your order # XXXXXXXX has been Processing.

Mr. manypix: I write because there will be a delay in the delivery of your order for two of the $19.99 PROMASTER 7500EDF OLYMPUS flashes. Please know it will be a few days more, or perhaps even up to a week, before we can ship. If you would prefer to cancel and receive an immediate refund, please let us know. No need to contact us if you would like to simply wait. Please feel free to contact us if you have ANY questions or concerns.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at support@natcam.com or by phone at 1-800-624-8107

14. MetilHed

MetilHed Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Jeff
    Mine showed up today (well, yesterday, but I missed it). There are, indeed, many buttons.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. exakta

exakta Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2015
    Got mine today. Hey, it has two flash tubes! That was a surprise. Lots of buttons but easier to understand than the FL600R/360L for sure. Thx again for the heads up on this.

16. Lodos

Lodos Mu-43 Regular

I also bought one and it looks like a very nice flash. Though I do not have an Olympus body right now, is this compatible with panasonic and sony cameras in manual mode (I know no TTL)?
    If anyone wants to chime in, I started a new thread here,
    Promaster 7500edf (OM) on Panasonic and Sony bodies

17. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    Got mine, took a few TTL (on camera) and manual slave shots with the my EM-10. Seem to work OK. For some reason zoomed to 52mm with my sigma 60. I'll have to watch and see what it does in general.

18. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    I got my flash yesterday, only 1 though I ordered 2. It is a very nice flash and integrates well with my Olympus EM1. The design reminds me of some of the Nikon flashes since it has a forward facing fill flash. I can easy integrate this flash with my other speedlights and Elinchrom flash heads.

This unit was a great bargain.