1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED [Sold] Olympus VF-1 Modified to Black color, $26

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Jorge Ledesma, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorge Ledesma

Jorge Ledesma Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 94.4%
    18   1   0

Aug 27, 2011
    Miami
    I have a VF-1 which I modified to the color black. Its a mod I first saw over at DP Review. As you know the VF-1 pairs well with the Panasonic 20mm 1.7 and of course the Olympus 17mm 2.8. I've used this viewfinder with the GF1,E-PL1,E-PL2. Its basically a street photography mod to shoot during the harsh light of the day and it works like a charm.

For the GF1 I had to sand down a little the portion that goes into the top of the camera and it fits very snugly. For the Olympus Pens, I basically cut a little piece of thing cloth, the type that is used to clean eyeglasses into little squares and put it in there and boom, fits like a glove with no risk of falling off what so over. I can also include cuts pieces of the little cloth and the remaining one that I used.

This is of course a DIY mod so I'm putting the value quite low, in the end, the glass is very clear and works as intended. I just love the whole black look.

A CONUS sale for $29 including shipping, if interested let me know via PM here are a few images of what it looks like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.