1. All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED Sold: Olympus FL-36R $160 shipped in US48

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by SRHEdD, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Looks like I now have BOTH the Metz and the Oly flashes for my E-PL2. I'm going to keep the Metz. Anyone want the FL-36R? Looks new in the box, but I bought it second hand. All papers, etc. I'll eat payPal, and we'll split shipping. I can ship on Monday via USPS.

SOLD

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    What's the Metz flash? Is it a 4 battery flash? I might have to get me one of those.

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    The Metz 44 AF-1 uses 4 AAs.

Here's the Metz:

[​IMG]

4. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Mar 6, 2011
    Haha, that thing is bigger than the camera. Wonder how it looks with the flash and a lens as big as the body.

5. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Well, the FL-36R isn't really much smaller. And for the two extra battery power...

[​IMG]

It really isn't that much different, comparatively, than say, a D300s w/SB900, or an old-school non-MD 35mm SLR with a Vivitar 285. It handles well, but I'd prefer it on a bracket for more than a few shots. For the occassional grab shot with flash though, it is quite tolerable.

Note: Can a MOD mind breaking this off of the FS post and making it a FL-36R/Metz 44-AF-1 thread? Is that an appropriate thing to ask?

6. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Mar 6, 2011
    I guess I just haven't seen a full sized hotshoe flash on a compact body yet. The proportions are a bit goofy.

7. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I guess I just haven't seen a full sized hotshoe flash on a compact body yet. The proportions are a bit goofy.

Hmmm... maybe it is your perception. I consider it a camera attached to the bottom of the flash... that makes it quite compact!

j/k

Olympus makes a flash bracket that is fixed. It is fairly cheap ($40) and small, so I may put that in my bag and use it with the wireless mode of the flash to make it more comfortable.

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I would be fine with that. Your overall travel experience is still pretty small, with the ep being a fraction the size of a DSLR. Two batteries would make the kit smaller, but the recycle time is killer.

Thanks SHREdD for posting the model number and pic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.