1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED SOLD: Olympus EP-2 (body only)

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by Ray Sachs, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Olympus EP-2 SOLD. The camera is body only - no lenses. Package includes two extra batteries (one Olympus, one 3rd party), the manual, the computer disk that came with it, the original charger plus an aftermarket charger, and a remote shutter release cable. The camera has about 5600 actuations. I've had a screen protector on it (which I've removed) and the screen is perfect. The only signs of wear is on the rear bottom edge where the paint is scratched off for a section and is also partially rubbed off just left of the lcd (probably from removing the screen protector). This is shown pretty clearly in the photos below. Other than that, the camera is in about as perfect shape as I can imagine. Everything works perfectly.

I don't have the box or other packaging or the strap.

Camera and accessories - $400 or best offer

Price includes shipping in CONUS. Paypal, check, whatever, is fine. Buyer pays any additional shipping costs for international shipping. Photos below - click through for larger versions on Flickr...

-Ray

(chargers not shown...)
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5436991700/" title="EP-2 (3) by ramboorider1, on Flickr"> 5436991700_2119821149_z. "640" height="433" alt="EP-2 (3)" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5436991580/" title="EP-2 (1) by ramboorider1, on Flickr">"640" height="433" alt="EP-2 (1)" /></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5436380089/" title="EP-2 (2) by ramboorider1, on Flickr">"640" height="433" alt="EP-2 (2)" /></a>

Here's where the paint is scratched off. A little bit of paint scratched to the left of the lcd in the pic above that I just noticed as well.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/5436991516/" title="EP-2 by ramboorider1, on Flickr">"640" height="433" alt="EP-2" /></a>

2. ulli65

ulli65 New to Mu-43

0   0   0

Feb 7, 2011
    you can check the exact # of actuations by:
    -holding the menu button while powering on,
    -then go to the brightness setting for the lcd screen,
    -press OK & Info button at the same time,
    - press the navigation ring in this order: up,down,left,right
    -then press the release shutter and after that the up button again.
    I believe the second screen (push right again) shows the release info at R:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    And you found that WHERE???? :cool:

That's quite a process. Assuming that you're right about what the R: number is, I was reasonably close with my estimate of 5000 clicks - its actually 5607.

So, prospective buyers, now you have a bit more information...

Thanks,

-Ray

4. VasManI

VasManI Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jan 21, 2011
    Sorry, don't mean to hijack your for sale thread, but here are instructions for the E-PL1 and E-P1:
    Code:
    This is how to see shutter count on E-PL1:
    Camera should be off, then:
    1. press and hold the menu button and then press power on
    2. enter menu and go to lcd brightness menu
    3. press "info", then "ok",
    4. repeat step 3 one more time, olympus interface info will appear (
    5. press in sequence... up, down, left, right, shutter, up
    6. voila! shutter count is in page 2 (R = xxxxx)
    Info came from here:

How to see shutter count on E-PL1 [Page 1]: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

...and here:

https://www.mu-43.com/f42/shutter-count-8746/

5. Ray Sachs

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    No problem at all. I'm glad to be able to give folks a true count. It was just such a convoluted set of instructions, I couldn't imagine where they'd come from.

In any case, thanks...

-Ray

6. Kapekodder

Kapekodder Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Great contributor and trust worthy seller!

My recent purchase of Ray's Canon S-90 was great. It was everything I wanted in a compact p&s. If I didn't already own an E-p2, this camera would have been on it's way to me. GLWS, Ray!

7. Ray Sachs

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Thanks so much for the kind words Valdo - glad you're enjoying the S90. Hey, did you get the little ring I sent a few weeks ago - the thing that constrains the movement a little bit on the back adjustment ring? As I suspected it would, one day it popped out from under some of the mess on my desk and I stuck it in an envelope and sent it to you...

-Ray

8. Kapekodder

Kapekodder Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Ray,
    Yes, I did receive that accessory ring. Still haven't used it as I've not had issue with the rest dial, just as you had suggested about the S-90. Thank you.

VK

9. Bruster

Bruster Mu-43 Rookie

0   0   0

Jan 14, 2011
    Wow! The things you learn on the FS page. Well I bought second hand and can confirm that at well in excess of 6500 clicks, the E-P2 is still a beaut! Any cosmetic grazes seem to be just character. The E-P2 is solid.

10. Ray Sachs

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Price reduced - $400 OBO...

-Ray

11. Ray Sachs

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0