Sold my D700......

shepx13

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ken
And bought an OMD. I got a gx1 a couple weeks ago and had so much fun i decided to go all in with m 4/3. Utilized the rebate to grab a 45 1.8 too.

Haven't had this much fun taking photos on a long time!

Keith

Mu-43 Regular
I have an OM-D ... but I won't be parting with my D700 just yet, if at all. It still has the wood on the Oly in several areas that I regard as important.

Which is not to say it isn't a great little camera.

campbellcj

Mu-43 Regular
I've just decided to sell some of my Nikon DSLR gear as well, but not all. It's definitely gotten used less in the last few years but is still my go-to kit for certain situations, such as motorsports.

shepx13

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Ken
your back says thank you

:rofl: very true!

I'm still going to keep my 70-200 and 28-75 for now, and will pick up a used d7000 or something similar used in a few months for kids sports. But since I don't really have time for anything other than personal photography anymore, it was time to lose the weight!

Weasel_Loader

Mu-43 Regular
I did the same thing when the OM-D came out. I really don't miss the weight of the D700 and the prime lenses. Sure the D700 is in a different class, but the OM-D is just fine for my level of photography. Good luck with your OM-D.

Stubb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Andreas
Also sold my D700 and all but one of my F-mount lenses after giving the E-M5 a good workout. I wouldn't have done that if I was still photographing weddings, but these days it's travel, landscapes, and macro, for which the E-M5 and a couple of small primes is unbeatable.

—Andreas

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
Welcome man, I just sold my 5DMKII and now im all in m43. this is a quite friendly forum, youll have fun!.

I still have mine... I am using September/October as my "test" bed. If I can go both months without reaching for the 5D II it and all my L glass will go up on Fred Miranda. Hope that happens... :smile:
RA

ShrubMonkey

Mu-43 Regular
Chrisnmn said:
Welcome man, I just sold my 5DMKII and now im all in m43. this is a quite friendly forum, youll have fun!.

I did the same this year, for me there is no question that the DSLR kit has had its day. I've had so much more fun and my recent images are the best I've taken

Coasting

New to Mu-43
Its funny how the world has changed.I still value my D700 for certain situations but for my commercial work such as weddings and events a couple of OMD EM1 bodies and a handful of the fantastic prime lenses makes the job so easy and with amazing results.

Latest threads

Top Bottom