Software to compare photos side by side

Ellsass

Mu-43 Regular
I took several test shots with two different bodies and I'd like to compare the results side by side a la DPReview's studio scene tool. Specifically, I'd like to zoom them up to 100% size with the ability to pan around the images while keeping the views in sync.

I have Lightroom 5 but the comparison view only zooms to ~50% unless I am overlooking some setting. I also have Photoshop. I'm looking for a free Mac or web app if the other two won't do it for me.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
LR will magnify higher if you adjust the display ratio. FastStone is also a handy program.

--Ken

Ellsass

Mu-43 Regular
Apparently I had the toolbar hidden which shows some zoom options. Using another image viewer that shows me the actual zoom level and comparing the size of the subject to Lightroom, it appears that "2:1" in Lightroom is equivalent to 100% zoom. Not sure how that makes sense, but I guess it solves my problem.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Not free, or even cheap, but ACDSee Pro for Mac can do it. (I'm not fully aware of all the Mac version features, I'm a Windows guy, but my understanding is that it has this.),

adi10times

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael Adi P.

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
Apparently I had the toolbar hidden which shows some zoom options. Using another image viewer that shows me the actual zoom level and comparing the size of the subject to Lightroom, it appears that "2:1" in Lightroom is equivalent to 100% zoom. Not sure how that makes sense, but I guess it solves my problem.
I believe that 1:1 is 100% in LR.

--Ken

adi10times

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Michael Adi P.
Thanks for the tip on XnView; it's my favorite viewer (I don't use it for editing) but I didn't know it could do that.

Barry
You're welcome
I like XnView too, I've been using it for years. It's much faster than other photo browsers/viewers I tried on my PC because I can disable file header scanning so it loads faster and lighter :)

We can compare photos (max 4 photos) with XnView
Select the photos, then Shift+C (Win) or right click then select 'compare'

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom