1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Software for interesting "slide shows"?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by EP1-GF1, Jun 14, 2012.

1. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Fellow creatives,

I'm looking for advice on making interesting slide-shows. Or at least the software to do it.

I remember, years back, seeing a presentation in a Disney park that used an array of something like 36 slide projectors all synchronized to a soundtrack - and as luck would have it somebody on youtube (with rather shakey hands it has to be said!) has posted a copy. This is what I'm hoping to achieve -

If you want to skip the intro and just see what I mean just go to 1m20s.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/4427019"]Click to see on Vimeo[/ame]

So my question is, what kind of software could I use to create the same effect - i.e multiple images on screen for differing amounts of time? I have Sony Movie Studio 10 and it seems capable but is there anything more appropriate?

I don't mind a steep(ish) learning curve as long as I can achieve what I need. I'm on windows and somewhat constrained by budget (as in, I can't afford Final Cut Pro even if that's what I really need!)

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I have used the pro version of Memories on Tv for several years. It has the Ken Burns movement effects and two different add on packages you can purchase which give you all kinds of easy effects....just insert the photos or videos you want to use...string it all together and sync music to it. I've also used my video editing program Sony Vegas Pro Editing program too, but that would be expensive. Just saying you may already have the ability to make a slide show with software you already own. Here is the website for Memories on Tv..... Photo Slideshow Software by CodeJam

• Like Like x 1
  3. dagaleaa

dagaleaa Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 4, 2011
    Naples, Fl
    Dawn
    I know there are many more programs out there too....I looked at many of them when I first got into making slide shows...so, hopefully a few other people can give you suggestions too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    When I used Windows the one to use was called Pictures to exe (PTE),not sure about it no.
    It used to have a good forum.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    PicturesToExe Deluxe - Best professional slideshow software for PC

• Like Like x 1
  6. EP1-GF1

EP1-GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 12, 2011
    Thank you both, I'll look into those and post back.