1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Softboxes for FL36R/FL600

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by OhWellOK, Feb 5, 2013.

1. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi. I've been doing some reading about lighting. I'm probably jumping the gun, by asking this, but I'm just thinking ahead to future gear considerations.

I currently have a FL36R and just ordered a second flash - an FL600R. I have a 33" shoot through umbrella, and may add a second larger 43" but am debating whether I'd like to try a softbox as well? I have 2 stands and adapters. Likely the umbrellas will serve me fine. I've also played around with some of the smaller lumiquest type softboxes and sto-fen bounce, and it seems like I'd want a bigger modifier for certain situations. I have no interest in purchasing studio strobes for the moment and am more interested in a portable lighting kit. My experience with the FL36R so far, it that these Olympus flashes will more than serve my needs nicely.

I'm mainly interested in learning and improving my product and still life photography, but I could potentially have the occasional opportunity to try my hand at corporate headshot type photography, if I wanted, for various projects through my job.

...Sorry for the long-winded Lead-in :rolleyes:

My question is: does anyone here use softboxes with these Olympus flashes? I was looking at various offering of hotshoe type like Lastolite EZY boxes or Photoflex Lightdome, for example. What size do you use? and did you find any mounting issues with the FL36R/FL600R?- which I'm gonna assume are physically smaller flashes than the more commonly used Nikon/Canon speedlights.