Social Distancing Canadian Style

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
CLASSIC CANADIAN. Social distancing Canadian style while paying for gas today. COVID-19. I asked the girl if I could take a photo while making the credit card payment. My wife gave me her iPhone7 and I composed the shot with my right hand.

69CB7ADF-DA7D-4AB2-884E-5225281433A2.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
Social distancing Hay Bales. Surgical masks for coronavirus

E5D4AD84-5BCF-4865-B990-EFD149227010.jpeg

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It’s a girl. She filled the car up and washed the windows - was just returning the squeegee to the container —- we still have full service in our small town.
What's your philosophy on this, do you still tip them for the full service, or do you just accept the small extra cost already added to the gas price with no extra tips.

Aristophanes

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Most Canadian provinces require a certain % of retail gas stations to offer full service for the elderly and disabled who cannot self-serve. It’s an accessibility and safety measure. And in Canada you pay after fill.

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
Who needs "social distancing?" No less a stable genius than the President himself told my step-son how to beat this virus!
Nate self-medicating.jpg

hoggdoc

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wayne
Most Canadian provinces require a certain % of retail gas stations to offer full service for the elderly and disabled who cannot self-serve. It’s an accessibility and safety measure. And in Canada you pay after fill.
Here one for you. In Oregon you can't fill your own car, you have to let the attendant do it for you unless you are riding a motorcycle. I have been told the state does this to create jobs.

Real Name
Andrew L
Here one for you. In Oregon you can't fill your own car, you have to let the attendant do it for you unless you are riding a motorcycle. I have been told the state does this to create jobs.
Sounds a bit grumpy, northern neighbor! :hide:

Some of us don't mind not getting out of our cars when the rain is sideways. :p

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
So why is their fuel cheaper than ours? :cautious:

(Well, I know why. It all comes down to the taxes. We enjoy their pump service when we’re down there, and they enjoy paying our high taxes when they come up here.) :laugh:

Bytesmiths

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jan Steinman
the coop gas station is the same price as self service gas stations in town
I'm a Co-op member, too! They give you 4% back at the end of the year, which makes them cheaper than other gas stations!

My beef is that they aren't co-ordinated. I belong to the "Mid-Island" Co-op on our wee island, but my member number is useless at the Victoria Co-op less than 20 km away! They say they're "working on that." :-(

Real Name
Walter
There's lot of social distancing at Costco gas stations. At least a car length away. You have to pump your own. No tips to anyone. And, gas is about $0.90 a gallon cheaper than elsewhere (except on military bases)! The only problem is that you have to choose your hours carefully so you avoid the crowds and long waits.

Latest threads

Top Bottom