So Whats giving you sleepless nights ?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

So another quarter of year and another camera body , an other sale and an other impulsive decision to buy the newest PEN or now OM-D of GX series Pansonic body.So how many of us have already planned what to sell to get this newest offering from Olympus ? I am sure GAS is hitting the highest level during the last few weeks ..hahahah.
    I will get OM -D body and I have been waiting for . Olympus has fulfilled my MFT wish list and I will keep this with my EPL2 for the next 3 years minimum . Now please share whats going on in ur mind? Whats giving u sleepless nights .
    Fuji?:confused:
    NEX 5N ?:confused: NEX 7?:confused:
    Panasonic GX1?:confused:
    Olympus OM-D ?:confused::confused:
    ?Or wait for GH3?:confused::confused:
    Please share your thoughts ..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Nothing. :smile: I sleep very well. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Haha Thanks JOHn ...Lets see what else can give u sleepless nights .
    Cheers

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Nothing photographic keeps me up at night. As far as gear, I won't be buying any new bodies unless the OM-D or GH3 offer major advances over my GH2, which I don't expect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Bhuppinder2002, in another thread you tell someone to
    and here you start a thread about new camera choices keeping you up at night? Are you the only person who is allowed to obsess about gear?

• Like Like x 2
  6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I lose sleep worrying about not getting a good nights sleep. And spider bats. And zombies.

7. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    that NEX-7 is interesting but I don't trust Sony very much.....

sleepless? NAH

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't worry much over cameras to come, but I sometimes lose sleep worrying about losing my existing cameras. Thankfully I sleep with them all in my bed with me so they stay safe and warm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Only time I have sleepless nights is when I order a camera/lens online and it's on the way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    I lose sleep over how am I going to be able to take a good photo with all the stuff I have.. I need to throw all my cameras out the door except 1 and focus on just one.. LOL.. If I spent as much time focusing on just one camera instead of trying to figure out 3 or 4 bodies.. I now I would be better off.. I have just not done that yet.. LOL.. Please help me.. :rofl:

11. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    That's not legal in this state:wink:

• Like Like x 2
  12. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Dennis
    I would be lying if I didn't say "OM-D." However to be fair I don't sleep well generally :wink:

13. Bhupinder2002

I am just having a little bit of fun . I am not the only one .Everyone can do that . I am sure many of us are eying Olympus OM-D for different reasons .Some of us are still not convinced that MFT is the system for them .We are spoiled with so many choices and thus more confused . I get only sleepless nights when I am on my night shift and see patients ..thats all .Nothing else gives me sleepless nights .
    Cheers:rofl:

14. Bhupinder2002

MrDough you are a prototype of a GAS patient and we need to try new treatment on you. You need extensive camera deaddiction and rehab program hahhah. I would suggest you to move to Australia and stay somewhere in Cenral Australia where there is no major city near by .We will disconnect ur internet and u will be given only one camera body of ur choice and few lenses .. thats it ..
    Cheers

15. Bhupinder2002

I am also thinking the same way but I needed a weather sealed body , VF , tilt screen mainly .It will offer IQ better or similar to EP3 and thats enough for my needs . I am not into so called low light area .
    Cheers

16. Bhupinder2002

hi Ned
    Now don't tell us that u are legal father of Olympus OM-D??????
    Cheers
    |:rofl::rofl::rofl:

17. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011

I'm doing nuffin - from May onwards I'll be spending 6 months in Europe, Nepal and India, so I'm buying absolutely nothing (unless I sell some of my Pentax glass to get a 45/f1.8...)

Hopefully by the time I get back the OM-D/X-Pro lust will have cooled :smile:

18. Bhupinder2002

That sounds great .Please let me know if u need any help in India and especially if u r going there for the first time. I may give u numbers of my doctor friends who can help or advise u in case something goes wrong .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

19. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    My cameras and I always have sleepless nights together! Don't tell my wife! :tongue: :biggrin: :wink:

20. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't care much anymore as my kit is complete. I have no plans to buy anything photographic related this year (and probably next year). I also just got a new, very busy job and will only have time to actually take pictures and use what I already have. And I will be giving up on PP which is mostly waste of time anyway (great OOC jpegs is an absolute must, IMO).