C&C So what technique am I missing?

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Joel
First image was my attempt in Affinity from the .raw, the second image is using the simple "enhance" mode in the Windows 10 Photos app. It looks better to my eye, what is the Photos app doing to the image to get it to look like that? Last one is the SOOC .jpg.

My edit in Affinity.
_1202413 ba.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Windows 10 Photos app 50% "enhance" of the Affinity edit

SOOC .jpg
_1202413.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
From my perspective there is too little difference between the two edits to be able to say one way or the other, mainly because each monitor is calibrated slightly differently and most likely none will match yours.
On my end the second image has just slightly more contrast. Which one is better?... purely personal preference.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
More contrast and more saturation and maybe +0.5 exposure. Contrast and saturation are the first sliders beginners use so make sense that the "enhance" mode is esssentially that. Now if you ask me, I don't like what the contrast did to the bokeh ( makes it even more nervous). I like the bokeh and the Blue level of the SOOC ( the sweatshirt is clipping on the raw) and the Dog microcontrast in the Second one.

oldracer

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Nice shot. It cries out to be cropped square. I would also add a very subtle vignette to make the dog pop a little bit. Don't overdo that and make it obvious, however.

Real Name
Steve
Great action shot. The SOOC looks a little softer than the Affinity edit, not sure the W10 app brings anything more to the shot, in fact I think it darkens the midtones a touch. I concentrated purely on the dog.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom