1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

So what if its blurry and poorly exposed

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by dixeyk, Apr 24, 2012.

1. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

I'm sitting in a Faraday cage getting hit with 4 million volts!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Is that at Mindport?

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would be very impressed if you were standing there without the cage! Of coarse you would be crunchy and a little bit dead.

Actually that would be cool and I would think a bit scary!:eek: 

4. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    It's at SPARK (formerly the Museum of Radio and Electricity). :biggrin: It was insane. And LOUD!

5. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
    It was pretty intimidating. It was also majorly fun.

6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Hmmm...I recall doing that in B'ham, but I don't remember going to a place called SPARK or Museum of Radio and Electricity. The Faraday must've effected my memory. :tongue:

7. dixeyk

Aug 9, 2010
  8. hanzo

hanzo Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Chan
    Or... you could be The Flash :rofl:

9. Pacemaker field testing? I am old and very impressed.

Meanwhile in New Jersey, USA just another day at the office.[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9oBEHRLqQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]AMERICA REVEALED | Live Wire | PBS - YouTube[/ame]

10. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oh man, missed photo op from inside the cage! Please share that photo!

While it can take a whopping high voltage to get that arc going the current levels can be embarrassingly low (not like the live wire segment - that's just death waiting). One can gauge how much current is flowing by the strength of the odor from the ozone generated - ozone has a very distinctive smell. I guess you do have to spend some time 'calibrating' your nose ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.