So what exactly was the problem with the E-M10 Mark II?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by So Thankful, Oct 22, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I am looking to get my wife a camera for Christmas. I am thinking a E-M10 Mark II.
    What I want to know is why Olympus had to pull it from it's original launch date? What do I need to look for to make sure the camera I get her is working properly?

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    The lens locking pin had a rough surface that could wear the lens flange of plastic lenses .....

3. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    Oh OK that should have been an easy fix and will be easy to check once I get her camera.
    Just saw B&H has the black one with kit lens in stock.

4. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    There's nothing to worry about with the issue that stopped sales; it's all fixed now. I recommend you set up the SCP for her so she doesn't go nuts initially trying to figure out how to make the camera work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. So Thankful

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    She has used my E-M5 but I will help her learn the camera. I am teaching her photography. She has a great eye she just needs trained on the technical stuff.

6. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    Great camera, your wife will love it. I returned mine because of the lens mount issue, but those units should be about cleared from the supply chain by now. Give B&H a call and they can tell you if there is still a chance you could get a bad one. they'll give you the straight goods.

• Agree Agree x 1