So Sad! :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The word "sad" doesn't even begin to cover it. And I'm more angered than sadden by these images and what's going on down under. Why? Because it's blatantly evident that this is "man made" disaster and yet people in high places deny it only because of one thing: money. Well, scratch that. Two things: money and power. Everything else is irrelevant to them. Global warming or climate crisis doesn't bond well with their interests so it's easier to deny the facts.
So how did we humans kill all the dinosaurs? Or cause the ice age? How about continental drift? The climate has been changing from the beginning of time. It will continue to do so until the end of time. Meteorites has ploughed into us over the years. Huge volcanic activity has changed the face of the planet. As long as there is human habitation of this planet, we will have an effect. We may speed up the effects, but change will have happened irrespective. We're just passengers hitching a ride.

PS -I am in no way condoning greed, wastefulness or or purely destructive behavior. Good housekeeping makes it a more pleasant place to be. Enjoy the ride :)

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
That is definitely a compelling rebuttal of pake's argument that humans killed the dinosaurs, caused the ice age and continental drift, that the climate has not changed since the beginning of time, and that it won't continue to do so to the end of time. I really like the line by line rebuttal of that lengthy digression where he denied that meteorites hit the earth or that volcanoes change the face of the planet.

It would genuinely bother me if in order to wade in, I had to construct a 7 part strawman piece by piece. Does this register at all? Like is the process here, well, I'm running into technical difficulties given that this is more or less predicted to the day in Garnaut's report from 2009, so I'm just going to help myself out by making this a bit easier? Are you willing to roll the dice on Extreme fire conditions doubling again by 2034 or do you think there be an advance in strawman technology that takes care of that argument by then?

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Angus
I'm not getting into this argument (yet again) but the climate has changed since the beginning of time, however right now the current driver for climate change is anthropologic CO2 emissions. We're not just speeding it up a bit, we're driving it at an unsustainable rate. That is scientific fact.

WT21

Super Moderator
Thanks for posting the video. This thread, however, is locked.

Angus commented "However, it is hard to talk about what's happening in my country without bringing politics into it." - which is true. However, there are other forums/boards where you can talk about what is happening and the politics behind it. This forum is not designed to be a home for those sorts of discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom