So.. lost your hot shoe cover yet?

Kade.Sirin

Mu-43 Regular
Literally. I was digging through my camera gear boxes and found the little plastic hot shoe cover for my GF1 sitting right there... I forgot it existed. So what's really the purpose for it, other than protecting the EVF port?

Mu-43 Legend
Lost mine almost day one. Haven't found it yet (thought not at all looking for it).

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Lost mine within a week, so I bought two replacements, expecting to lose another but I haven't!

StephenL

Mu-43 Regular
Found a Nikon one in the Big Hoose where I work. Fits nicely on the G2 whereas a "generic" one doesn't because of the drop-down lip on them. Of course, I'll have to file the Nikon word off it to prevent confusion!

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
This is why mine's not on my camera, other uses for the hot shoe, and as you can tell I'm not into flash photography.

0016.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Found a Nikon one in the Big Hoose where I work. Fits nicely on the G2 whereas a "generic" one doesn't because of the drop-down lip on them. Of course, I'll have to file the Nikon word off it to prevent confusion!

Or you could start a new thread with the show us your adapted lens one - show us your adapted hot shoe cover thread!

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
No I leave mine in permanently
However in fairness to Panasonic it protects the EVF port from dirt ingress
If you have the EXPENSIVE EVF you would be very upset if dirt/dust had got in and the EVF were inoperable.

speenth

New to Mu-43
Hello Barrie,

I'm intrigued. Where did you get that screen cowl/protector? I can't even Google it!

Steve'

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
Hello Barrie,

I'm intrigued. Where did you get that screen cowl/protector? I can't even Google it!

Steve'

Hi Steve,

This was the link Fuji FinePix items - Get great deals on Delkin, 400D items on eBay UK!

I've just tried it and it returns a large number of hits, seems to come up with fuji gear at the start so maybe it has been linked to something else now, but it might provide a place to start.
I found that the cover tended to pull away from the bottom when I first fitted it to the camera so I fitted a quick release plate with a catch clamped under it to hold the bottom edge of the protector. It was made from a piece of aluminium angle, you can just see the vertical edge at the bottom of the screen protector.
Hope this helps.

Barrie

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Fortunately I haven't taken mine off my GF1 yet, so it should technically stay put. I was surprised to find that when I bought my D90 there was a replacement cover supplied. Seems like no matter what brand camera owner you are, everyone has the same problem of losing it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom