1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

So.. lost your hot shoe cover yet?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Kade.Sirin, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Kade.Sirin

Kade.Sirin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 23, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Literally. I was digging through my camera gear boxes and found the little plastic hot shoe cover for my GF1 sitting right there... I forgot it existed. So what's really the purpose for it, other than protecting the EVF port?

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Lost mine almost day one. Haven't found it yet (thought not at all looking for it).

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

They end up in the same place as single lost socks. I tend to remove on purchase and store for resale.

4. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    It's not on the camera, but I know where it is, well, ...I think I know where it is.

Barrie

5. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Lost mine within a week, so I bought two replacements, expecting to lose another but I haven't!

6. StephenL

StephenL Mu-43 Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    Found a Nikon one in the Big Hoose where I work. Fits nicely on the G2 whereas a "generic" one doesn't because of the drop-down lip on them. Of course, I'll have to file the Nikon word off it to prevent confusion!

7. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    keep mine in the box, never put it on, as i use flash a lot :)

8. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I'm suprised mine just fell off and I can't find it on my E-P1 last week. It lasted almost a year.

9. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    Barrie
    This is why mine's not on my camera, other uses for the hot shoe, and as you can tell I'm not into flash photography.

Barrie

10. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    i'm waiting for the day it falls out of the EVF pouch when I have the EVF in use.

11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Or you could start a new thread with the show us your adapted lens one - show us your adapted hot shoe cover thread!

12. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    No I leave mine in permanently
    However in fairness to Panasonic it protects the EVF port from dirt ingress
    If you have the EXPENSIVE EVF you would be very upset if dirt/dust had got in and the EVF were inoperable.

13. speenth

speenth New to Mu-43

Aug 30, 2010
    Hello Barrie,

I'm intrigued. Where did you get that screen cowl/protector? I can't even Google it!

Steve'

14. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    Barrie
    Hi Steve,

This was the link Fuji FinePix items - Get great deals on Delkin, 400D items on eBay UK!

I've just tried it and it returns a large number of hits, seems to come up with fuji gear at the start so maybe it has been linked to something else now, but it might provide a place to start.
    I found that the cover tended to pull away from the bottom when I first fitted it to the camera so I fitted a quick release plate with a catch clamped under it to hold the bottom edge of the protector. It was made from a piece of aluminium angle, you can just see the vertical edge at the bottom of the screen protector.
    Hope this helps.

Barrie

15. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    Barrie
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Fortunately I haven't taken mine off my GF1 yet, so it should technically stay put. I was surprised to find that when I bought my D90 there was a replacement cover supplied. Seems like no matter what brand camera owner you are, everyone has the same problem of losing it.

17. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    Yeah I lost mine in Barcelona, but I didnĀ“t lose the Pen so I really dont care...

18. speenth

speenth New to Mu-43

Aug 30, 2010
    • Like Like x 1