So long to Nikon

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by alex66, Feb 18, 2014.

1. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    So long to the great mount that is F, the cameras that have brought me such joy and given me great files. Thank you D90, D3000, D200, D80, D5000, D70, D100 and especially you franken brother the Fuji S5. So I have sold the last of my Nikons and will be selling the Fuji and all the lenses in due time, I looked and none has been used for 6 months since I picked up a cheap G3. Now I have no idea what to do with the funds I get apart from a 25mm, don't want to upgrade the cameras unless I can get a GH2 or G6 for less than £250, well it'll be fun.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. unstable_rider

unstable_rider Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2014
    Land of Lakes
    I get it Alex.
    Well stated.
  3. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Save a few of your favorite lenses if you can afford to, maybe even that S5. I know I regretted selling my S2. Nikon is bound to come out with something interesting in the ILC dept soon as I think they are finally getting the fact that the world is not ready for Nikon 1.
  4. Screamin Scott

Screamin Scott Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2014
    Atlanta Ga. Metro
    Nah, not getting rid of any of my Nikon gear.....Or Minolta, or Konica, nor Leica, nor Pentax.... I can still use the lenses on my Oly, so why would I ? They are all just tools anyway...
  5. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Well part of the reason to say goodbye is the weight, I may keep the 35G and get a D3200 but I am more tempted to get a used Leica, never been really happy with the flapping mirror.