1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

So just noticed Panasonic will release a new version of the 100-300mm ii

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by microfourthirdsnut, Dec 4, 2014.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Anyone know what the improvements are, specs?

2. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
  3. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Haven't seen this myself, link would help!

If it is like any of the past Panasonic second versions of a lens then the answer is that nothing will change other than the external cosmetics of the lens.

4. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I was just about to buy the 100-300. I wonder if this means I should wait and possibly get a good deal on the original when the new one comes out.

5. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    43rumors tend to dig up most rumors and announcements (to the point some of it doesn't pan out). Don't recall seeing anything about this on there though? I may just have missed it of course.

6. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I have not heard any news about this. Would be interested if it's true, since I am considering getting the 100-300 in the next few months, and so would probably get the older version at a discount if there was a new version...

7. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think I'm fine with the current version unless they make it into a fixed barrel 100-275mm power zoom X lens with nano coating. That would actually be pretty nice!

8. microfourthirdsnut

Oct 8, 2012
    Well I went to Kenmore camera site and saw it along with the older model. New model the 100-300mm ii is on order 100 bucks less and older version that is in stock. ??? Maybe its a smaller version for the gm line I have no idea. I have bin looking for any info on it on line but have not found anything yet.

9. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Hmm interesting. That said if they messed with the ois like they did on the 35-100 2.8, I'd rather get the older version to avoid video jitter.

10. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    This might be a pretty good indicator of an updated lens. Kenmore Camera seems to have a close relationship with Panasonic and usually gets lenses in stock fast. They might of gotten advanced notice of a new lens? Hopefully it gets slightly improved optics and a size reduction similar to the 14-140 II.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but if the only basis for the rumour is the Kenmore Camera listings, it looks to me like "2ND" just means "2nd hand" or maybe "refurbished." There's also a "2ND" listing for the 35-100 and 45-200, and in every case it's a good chunk cheaper than the retail price they're selling the new models for.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    This is not a new lens. Panasonic may possibly be getting into selling refurbished lenses, but do not hold your breath on availability. This is from a long discussion with Kenmore Camera.

--Ken

13. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, this looks like a refurbished unit of some form. That's what "2nd" usually means. Something new or like new with a minor cosmetic defect.

14. pellicle

pellicle Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 10, 2010
    Southport, OzTrailEYa
    pellicle
    I really like your SIG

:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. 50orsohours

50orsohours Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 13, 2013
    Portland Oregon
    Thanks! I somehow found it on line, feel free to copy it.

16. microfourthirdsnut

Oct 8, 2012
    Ha, to bad if it only means second hand, really would like a to see a upgrade on 100-300mm.