1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

So I tried to send my E-M1 for repair

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by owczi, Sep 13, 2016.

1. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

My rear rubber grip fell off and got lost so I checked if It's still on warranty - and it is, until 28th September. I tried submitting it. The only problem was with the dispatch instructions - there is no PDF, and instructions are in Latin :laugh1:

upload_2016-9-13_15-26-38.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    You dont speak Latin then :biggrin:

3. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    It's not Olympus's fault you don't speak Latin . . . :boohoo:

• Like Like x 1
  4. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

Agreed, but in all seriousness, I think web designers should avoid Lorem Ipsum because it's easy to take it for a completed page when doing quick checks before publishing - as we can see here ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Yeh, maybe a long string of X's - much more obvious.
    I've seen this same mistake in several places.

6. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Even if you could read Latin you could not understand the 'lorem ipsum' text.

Check your computer and make sure that the PDF did not download to it - often hidden a Download folder. If not there just try the web page again, it may work the second or third try.

7. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM

Correct. It is nonsensical.

Not to worry, I tend to have good control over how my browsers download files and where to.

All I meant is that the site is laughable. A repair note PDF was generated (on about third attempt, previous were giving server errors) - but it does not contain any shipment instructions, just a label. What I'm saying is they might as well have no online repair facility if I have to do this via customer support anyway.

Never mind that I got no confirmation of the repair request of any kind, and it does not show up under their "my repair list" link. Basically, useless.

• Informative Informative x 1