1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

So I saw this on the phoblographer.com

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by woody112704, Feb 14, 2013.

1. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    Its called the Dust Donut, for weather sealing any lens, but for the time being its only canon EF lenses. It seems like a neat idea and not too horrible of a price, I was wondering if he were to start making them for m43 lenses would it still only work with the OMD or would it work the epl-5 as well?

Dust Donut

2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Interesting idea . . . seems like it would make the fit VERY tight, unless it was extremely thin (fragile?).

3. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    It doesn't seem like its of bad quality, but I guess you never know how much/long it will last especially if you use it in cold weather. Since its a kickstarter I doubt that they have tested it to make sure it works for sub temperatures. I don't know if you watched the video or not, he shows it fitting around the lens and whatnot.

4. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I guess I question how useful it really would be. Yes it would help keep dust/moisture out of the lens/camera connection area, but some Canon lenses aren't weather-sealed unless you add a filter. That would lead me to believe that there are also internal seals in the weather-sealed lenses and those wouldn't be present in say an EF 85mm f1.8 for example.