1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

So I picked up a GF3XK for $250...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by roverT, Dec 1, 2012.

1. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ...and I got 4 years of extended warranty for $80.

I really only saw the lens when I saw the price since it was the last of the GF3 at the store. They were just clearing it out for the GF5. Did I get a good deal for $250? I want to sell the GF3 body now but would it sell better with or without a standard 14-42 lens I have from my GF2? I want to sell my GF2 as well.

My goal is to just own a GX1 in the very near future, the GH2 I have now, the power zoom pancake lens from this GF3 and the 20mm 1.7 I've owned for a year now. I'll bring both lens and both cameras to my Africa trip in January.

I'm betting some of you have seen how the GF2 and GF3 are sold and what ways are the best so any advice would be great!! :)

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    That's an awesome deal to get that lens.

3. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Which store is this? Im in van too...

4. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I got it at Futureshop! I took the last one in Surrey at 24th Ave/King George.

I think I saw one at Coquitlam Centre for $286....but I know they can be talked down since they are clearing them out.

5. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

That is pretty good. I recently also got the GF3 for about the same price, but that was with the 14mm kit. I think the 14-42mm X lens cost a bit more than the 14mm I got so, yeah.

6. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Does the GF3 have more or less the same quality as my older GF2...just a different body? I know my GF2 lacked JPG abilities so I always shot in RAW. Maybe the GF3 has been adjusted to created much better looking JPGs?