So ..Has ur adrenaline rush slowed down????

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

OMG ..... Last few weeks we have seen announcement of Pentax K01, FujiPro01 , Canon G1X and finally the King of MFT world Olympus OM D - with a shinning armour and killing instinct and hope it will not get distinct very soon .
    So all of us drooled and drooled and made ur current camera body malfunctioning with that saliva . I saw the gush and rush of Adrenaline all over the net and especially over this forum .
    Now this rush is fading and I am hopeful by the time these cameras are in the market , many of us will decide to retain the current bodies unless there is a specific reason for upgrade or u have an upgrade itch to get the latest and greatest .
    Now tell me how many of u have felt like that ? Is that adrenaline still there or its gone ? Do u plan to cancel ur plans to buy newer camera bodies ?
  2. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    We missed you, Bhu!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Thanks John , I too missed this forum and my exam went very well . I am playing with PL25 1.4 and this lens is blazing fast to AF on EPL2 . I will shoot few pics soon .
  4. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Well .....

... I don't get chemically excited over cameras. :biggrin:

I AM just as positive about the new Oly camera, actually more, as I was when the first news trickled out. Just having two truly usable control dials would have got me to preorder. :biggrin: All the other improvement goodness is cream on the top.

I like my EP3 but it was a study in compromise from the get-go. I made my decision largely on the Oly jpgs but after shooting with the camera a while began to look a bit longingly at the GH2 for the external controls. Now I believe I will be able to soundly reject my temptations to infidelity. :tongue:

Now I just need Olympus to ride out their corporate instability to render me fully and loyally content. :biggrin:

Oly Fanboy To Be .....
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    I'm blessed enough to be able to shoot with multiple brands & multiple formats. So each shoot is uniquely different for me. :smile:

But I'm still looking forward to seeing more from the OMD EM-5 :biggrin:
  6. two40

two40 New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm getting more excited by the day. I keep scouring Youtube for random OM-D videos I haven't seen only to click on each one and watch it for a second or third time. sigh...
  7. recasper

recasper Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2012
    Alameda, California
    Haha... I second this... I have watched so many OM-D YouTube videos that I can now tell what is discussed in each one, just by the thumbnail image.

My excitement is still rising with no sign of wavering until April. At least now our excitement has been given a date... April 10th - B&H. Just hope I got my pre-order placed in time for the first wave. Fingers crossed and blood still pumping fast.
  8. two40

two40 New to Mu-43

Feb 19, 2012
    A day before my birthday. It's a sign! :smile:
  9. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    it was fading... so i fixed it by caving in and preordering... now its in full swing again

ive sent pics of the camera to everyone i know "look at my new baby!"

re the youtubes.. i havent found a em5 vid thats REALLY good... so i keep rewatching the xpro1 vid by TheCameraStoreTV and thinking "why isnt there an em5 video like this?!"

it was the other camera that i was considering
    but... i think its kinda fugly, and the lenses are fugly.. and people are saying it feels too light, and the lenses feel cheaper than they thought they would... so it got knocked out
    especially since the em5 lets me use sexy 12/2.0, and has extra dials all over the place too :)

the em5 will be immediately replaced by an ep5(no hump pls!), or m10 :)
    but i like the better high iso, so its MINE! lol
  10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    This would not happen if my current camera was a weather-sealed OM-D.

Just sayin'.... :cool:
  11. RussellOlaguer

RussellOlaguer Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    Paranaque, Philippines
    Russell Olaguer
    Not a bit.
    I'm getting excited each passing day.
    The O-MD E-M5 will be my first M43 camera.
    I cant wait to hold it in my hands. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bhupinder2002

Thats great .U will love it . I am also waiting for OM-D.Its my dream camera as I always wanted a MFT with weather proof body .
  13. Basset

Basset Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2011
    I like how the K-01 offers a chunkier body that offsets big lenses. I wish my E-PL3 were a bit thicker.
  14. Bhupinder2002

lol..Soak ur EPL3 in POP ..hahahha But yes I agree.I sold EPL3 within three days .I bought my all time fav EPL2 back just because of grip and perfect body .