So GLASS is not CLEANER on other side of the fence:)

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Guys ..
In the last 18 months I have seen many members trying other formats and particularly SONY NEX and eventually they return back because of pathetic range and quality of Sony Lenses. . It hardly matters how many NEX bodies Sony may release but they need to make quality lenses .Lets hope that by having some stake in Olympus , Sony is able to make some decent lenses . But currently MFT is quite mature system and offers us best available body and colletion of lenses . If anyone wants mirrorless with flexibility then MFT is the answer .
So we can safely conclude but without OFFENCE - GLASS IS NOT CLEANER ON OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE .:rofl::rofl:
Cheers
Bhupinder

photoSmart42

Mu-43 Top Veteran
To each their own. Having choices is a good thing, and Sony makes good camera systems. MFT is not the answer for everyone, and there's no need IMO to act superior about our system of choice. Many of our members have multiple systems. Let's keep insults out of this please.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
To each their own. Having choices is a good thing, and Sony makes good camera systems. MFT is not the answer for everyone, and there's no need IMO to act superior about our system of choice. Many of our members have multiple systems. Let's keep insults out of this please.

Its a humour thread and there is no offense . We are all free to make choices and there is nothing wrong in that . I am not saying MFT is uperior to all and its for everyone . I do believe that if someone wants a complete flexible mirrorless -MFT is the answer with multiple bodies and exellent lens line up. If people can boost Fuji , Leica or any other format then I think i can safely promote MFT as a happy customer . Just take it with a smile rather than offence . I am picking Fuji X100 and I have currently Sony a580 sitting on my desk and I also use different systems .
Cheers
Bhupinder

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
In the last 18 months I have seen many members trying other formats and particularly SONY NEX and eventually they return back because of pathetic range and quality of Sony Lenses.

I disagree with this statement. In fact, I think the reverse is true. I'm also on the sister sites, SC and TN. I've noticed quite a few people that used to post here on mu-43 and now post on those instead. There are some former prominent M43 users that have posted on TN that they have switched over to the NEX. I even see some people that used to chide me about mentioning the camera that can't be named singing it's praises on TN.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would be offended by your post if I were a NEX system primary owner....

Hahaahh there is no need to be offended .I didnt say NEX are bad cameras? We all want Sony to come up with decent native lenses and there are hardly any . The recent prime line from Sony is also not at par with MFT offerings.
Cheers
Bhupinder

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi Guys ..
This is just a thread with some humour and try to see it. Its not to offend anyone . Just chill and relax . There is nothing wrong in having NEX or other cameras. Many people dont chose NEX just because of lenses and many chose NEX as they can use MF lenses with focus peaking .
Cheers

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I'm not offended at all. I think a lot of people on this site are roughly in the same situation that I am.

As one can see in my signature below, I have a healthy micro four-thirds kit. This supports Bhupinder's statement that we enjoy a mature system. You'll note that while I have a number of excellent, useful native lenses, I do not own any of the really expensive lenses. Nothing over $500 and most were in the $300-350 range. All purchased new. This is because I also own a Pentax APS-C DSLR system with about a dozen lenses, including most of the DA Limited primes. It's because I'm not willing to give up these Limiteds yet that I don't go for the really top-line micro four-thirds lenses. So I shoot with two systems and enjoy them both.

But I am at a crossroads right now. While I love my micro four-thirds gear, what I really want to supplement my Pentax kit is a rangefinder-style body with a built-in EVF. The Sony NEX6 is the first NEX camera to truly catch my interest. In my humble opinion, it's a much better balance than the NEX7 in terms of cost and image quality. Plus, Sony's latest E-mount lenses - particularly the 18-55 compact kit zoom and 35mm f/1.8 - make the NEX6 a viable option for me. The availability of the inexpensive Sigma 19 and 30mm f/2.8 primes only helps.

But now come rumors of an Olympus E-P3 replacement with a built-in EVF. If this rumor proves true, I would already have my micro four-thirds lens kit for it. Meanwhile, none of us knows what the Panasonic GX2 will be. And what if the Fuji X100 goes on sale for under $1000? That'll be hard to resist and has the bonus of not requiring me to give up anything else. Maybe it's the best option of all.

So while I am an affirmed and sincere micro four-thirds enthusiast, changing needs and priorities allow me to consider other systems. I try to keep an open mind, which I'm sure most others on the site do as well. Choice is good.

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Without saying too much, I don't think threads of this tone will benefit anyone..

absolutic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am one of those who went into NEX and came back to m43. I owned NEX 5n and then NEX 7 with Zeiss Sony 24/1.8 ($1100 Sony lens) 50mm 1.8, sigma 30mm, Sony flashes etc....

Sony nex7 in particular was tremendous in terms of picture quality and detail at low isos.

At the end of the day, I sold off Sony nex7 and got Omd and very happy with my decision.

Here is why (for me personally)
1) AF was a primary concern. While Sony has the world faster shutter release the problem is focus acquisition. For me with a 5 month old whose head and body cannot stay still Sony just could not keep up with. Olympus omd can

2) evf on Sony while on paper the best is not in person. The contrast and flicker is fail and its Decisoon to put it to the side made sure that I never used it

3) despite what DXO tells u, my personal opinion after taking 1000s of photos with each that Olympus omd is better at high isos. NEX 5n comes second and 7 comes third

4) lack of choice in native lenses (but it is being remedied slowly)

While I won't be selling my DSLR system anytime soon as there are elementary things omd cannot do, I am very happy with m43 at this point

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
RT_Panther said:
You should do a history check on your posts....:smile:

Exactly. Guys - we all know how enthusiastic Bhupinder is with our system. Let's all just take a deep breath and give him the leeway. This IS a :43: forum anyway. You don't go into a Patriots forum bashing someone bashing the Jets - you cheer him on no matter how you love maybe Tebow or Hollywood Sanchize, right?

Hey let's all cheer for the Nex - there's a forum for that. :smile:

troll

Mu-43 Veteran
But I am at a crossroads right now. <...> The Sony NEX6 is the first NEX camera to truly catch my interest. <...> But now come rumors of an Olympus E-P3 replacement with a built-in EVF. If this rumor proves true, I would already have my micro four-thirds lens kit for it.
I'm in the same boat exactly. NEX-6 looks like a great camera, and if 10-18 turns out optically good then I'll seriously consider getting that combo (as just an addition to MFT kit though, since NEX has no decent standard or telephoto zooms yet). But on the other hand, if Olympus releases an E-P3 successor with a built-in (and not centered) VF plus updated E-M5 sensor — then investing in another system won't look like such a good idea anymore and I might stick to mft only.

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm not offended and speaking as someone that got rid of all his m43 gear and kept the NEX gear I agree that if native lenses is what you're after m43 is a much more mature and useable system. Of course that's not everyone's cup of tea. I left because I really prefer manual focus lenses and for a number of reasons I liked the way that worked on NEX better than m43. That's by no means a definitive statement. It's just a matter of what clicks with each of us individually.

Bhupinder2002 LOVES his m43 gear. I think that's cool. You SHOULD like the stuff you use...although I think I might have phrased it "the grass is not greener on the other side of the lens".

RT_Panther

Mu-43 Legend
Exactly. Guys - we all know how enthusiastic Bhupinder is with our system. Let's all just take a deep breath and give him the leeway. This IS a :43: forum anyway. You don't go into a Patriots forum bashing someone bashing the Jets - you cheer him on no matter how you love maybe Tebow or Hollywood Sanchize, right?

Hey let's all cheer for the Nex - there's a forum for that. :smile:

I'll add to this in the sense that now that the sensor is shared, there should be less bashing all across the board.

Rarely do I see any bashing between Nikon, Sony, & Pentax because of the shared sensor.

lenshoarder

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'll add to this in the sense that now that the sensor is shared, there should be less bashing all across the board.

Rarely do I see any bashing between Nikon, Sony, & Pentax because of the shared sensor.

I think it's more than just a shared sensor. I'd be surprised if there wasn't more Sony than just the sensor in the Sony Olympus EM-5.

On another note, there was a recent thread waxing on about how they missed the mu-43 forum of old. This thread is a flashback to the forum 2 years ago.

applemint

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm not offended either (as a Nex and m43 user) - but I have never seen the point of constant 'brand' or 'system' defending or bashing. Let's leave that rather pointless exercise to those on the dp forums.

Enthusiasm and liking what you use is one thing (and that's great!) but when there is what may be perceived by some as an aspect of snobbery or elitism, I think all that does is put off people who may be considering m43.

If you are a dslr owner or Nex owner or whatever owner and are thinking of switching to m43 or adding m43 to your repertoire, and perhaps coming across this forum for the first time via a search engine, then you would want/expect to find people who are enthusiastic about m43. But you would not want to feel that as a dslr user or Nex user or whatever you somehow made a bad choice or the 'wrong' choice when it might be the best choice for you.

Anyway I am probably taking the original post far too seriously :biggrin: but just wanted to add the points above. At the end of the day it's about the images you create and the camera or system is just a tool for that purpose.

Latest threads

Top Bottom