So any one planned to buy the G90/95? Or G9 vs G90

cluber77

Mu-43 Regular
According to the internets, the 70D is rated at 100,000 actuations, if you're looking for a reason to upgrade now.

Of course ratings don't really tell you anything about how many shots your camera can handle, so take that with a grain of salt.

I'd say a better reason to upgrade quickly is if you find a good deal on one, or an ideal time to trade in/trade up.
I read in a lot of web site that it’s rated 150,000...I’m flying to Budapest next month (I’m flying to this amazing city 3 times in a year) and as a tourists that can receive tax refund I can get the G9 in amazing price from there.
Last summer I bought the Gx80 from there and got it also in great price.
Also I have the 18-135 stm and the 40 mm stm lenses that I can sell, about the camera body I don’t think that someone will buy camera with more than 120000 shutter count.

Petermfiore

Mu-43 Regular
I have the G9 and I got it for the high res mode. I use it to photograph my paintings. Works amazingly well.

st.yorgen

New to Mu-43
I’m thinking of replacing my canon 70D after almost 5 years, and I really don’t know what to do, buy a new G90 or go on the G9.
Yes, I know that the G9 is the best camera, but it is massive, almost like a canon 70D and costs more (but not so much, in my opinion, the G90 is overrated), I use the Gx80 more and more, and I really like the smell size this camera.
But on the other hand, I replace the 70D as the main business camera, I photograph more than 3,000 children every year in kindergartens, portraits and photographs of friends, and I don’t know if the G90 will work as I expect from the pro camera.
I need good image quality, especially for large prints such as size A3, I also often use video, I think the G90 is enough for video.
So what do you think?
By the way, are any of you thinking to buy or have already bought a G90?

Well, in the end, what did you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:

rjl1246

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Robert Lietz
I noticed that Samy's today had an open box G9 on eBay (it sold in seconds, well, maybe a few minutes after I saw it,) with only about 100 actuations and a full warranty. I had purchased one a year ago. It arrived in like new condition and only had 40 actuations. In addition, I was able to add the warranty extension as well. Today's price was $697, so you might watch for it to appear again. They apparently had listed two today and sold both, but perhaps they'll get more in stock. If you are interested, this is a great way to a highly capable camera at what might an unbeatable price.

Robert

rjl1246

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Robert Lietz
Hi again,

Samy's listed the G9 again on eBay at $697. I purchased it, but the salesperson I contacted earlier indicated a second was coming if there's any interest here.

Robert

Latest threads

Top Bottom