Snowy hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by francois, Dec 5, 2012.

1. francois

francois New to Mu-43

Dec 5, 2012
    Snow is here in the UK. It can only mean Xmas is round the corner and I'm thinking about getting a Pen. Possibly the E-PL3.

My main kit is still 4/3, with an E-3 and a fair amount of lenses and accessories to go with it (I won't bore you with the details) and as much as I like it, I cannot help but look at how much smaller everything is in the m4/3 world. Not to forget that the OM-D is quite a sexy beast !

Apart from that, I've been an Olympus user since my dad gave me his old OM-2 when he upgraded to an OM-4 (not Ti yet in those days). So over the years I have used OM-2, OM-2SP, OM-4Ti, E-20, E-1, E-3, E-620.

I still have a few collectors, like Pen FT, rare OM kit (macro...) and even two Six/Chrome Six from the 40s/50s.

Catch you later !

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    In my opinion the best thing in m4/3rds world are the lenses ... only a very few, mind you.
    Buy the mZuiko 45mm and find a cheapo body to stick behind it.
    Next year the prices on the new sensor stuff will be tempting.

(The best things in the 4/3rds world are also the lenses, but a whole different approach to them.)
  3. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Welcome francois, also from a snowy Essex.

I have the E-PL3, and it's a great little camera, especially for outdoors, or well lit shots. I have recently added the OM-D to this for its fantastic high-ISO performance, making low light shots better.
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day mate and welcome to the forum. On the opposite side of the world here it is hot as! I got a mate called Francois, is it a south african name?

Hope to see you around,

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome! We've seen some flurries but no real snow yet - still waiting. :biggrin:
  6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Welcome to the forum!
  7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome from a clear and unusually warm Detroit! No snow in our forecast... yet. :smile: