Snowy hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by francois, Dec 5, 2012.

1. francois

francois New to Mu-43

Dec 5, 2012
    Northampton
    Snow is here in the UK. It can only mean Xmas is round the corner and I'm thinking about getting a Pen. Possibly the E-PL3.

My main kit is still 4/3, with an E-3 and a fair amount of lenses and accessories to go with it (I won't bore you with the details) and as much as I like it, I cannot help but look at how much smaller everything is in the m4/3 world. Not to forget that the OM-D is quite a sexy beast !

Apart from that, I've been an Olympus user since my dad gave me his old OM-2 when he upgraded to an OM-4 (not Ti yet in those days). So over the years I have used OM-2, OM-2SP, OM-4Ti, E-20, E-1, E-3, E-620.

I still have a few collectors, like Pen FT, rare OM kit (macro...) and even two Six/Chrome Six from the 40s/50s.

Catch you later !

Francois

2. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    In my opinion the best thing in m4/3rds world are the lenses ... only a very few, mind you.
    Buy the mZuiko 45mm and find a cheapo body to stick behind it.
    Next year the prices on the new sensor stuff will be tempting.

(The best things in the 4/3rds world are also the lenses, but a whole different approach to them.)

3. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Welcome francois, also from a snowy Essex.

I have the E-PL3, and it's a great little camera, especially for outdoors, or well lit shots. I have recently added the OM-D to this for its fantastic high-ISO performance, making low light shots better.

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

G'day mate and welcome to the forum. On the opposite side of the world here it is hot as! I got a mate called Francois, is it a south african name?

Hope to see you around,

icon

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! We've seen some flurries but no real snow yet - still waiting. :biggrin:

6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum!

7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Francois,

Welcome from a clear and unusually warm Detroit! No snow in our forecast... yet. :smile:

Regards,

Jim