Snowdonia from Moel Hebog

Siejones

Mu-43 Rookie
My first post.

cloudaboverain2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1020686_2.jpg

P1020732 Panorama_crop1_nr.jpg

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Jeez, Wales is beautiful. I've never been to Snowdonia, but I spent a week bicycle touring farther south, down around St. Davids and I really fell in love with the area. I'd love to get back and check out the Snowdonia area, but there are so many places on THAT list that I don't know if or when I will....

In the meantime, thanks so much for those shots - I can live vicariously for now!

-Ray

akulya

Mu-43 Veteran
Siejones - I hope I'm not hijacking your thread,
Here are some shots of Snowdonia from my pre-μ4/3 days (all with a Sony point and soot I think)...
Crib Goch
4935285825_1cb146337a_z.jpg

Llanberis pass
4935282789_21edc55fea_z.jpg

Llyn Ogwen
4935281433_c7e379c6d5_z.jpg

Thanks for sharing

Siejones

Mu-43 Rookie
Jeez, Wales is beautiful. I've never been to Snowdonia, but I spent a week bicycle touring farther south, down around St. Davids and I really fell in love with the area. I'd love to get back and check out the Snowdonia area, but there are so many places on THAT list that I don't know if or when I will....

In the meantime, thanks so much for those shots - I can live vicariously for now!

-Ray

The pembrokeshire coastline is great but yes you need to see Snowdonia my friend. I have visited it countless times now and pretty much stood on every peak from big to small several times and camped on many of them. But I still keep coming back for more and never get bored (only bored of the A5 drive in). Get up there and take you camera!

Stunning!:bravo-009:

Siejones - I hope I'm not hijacking your thread,
Here are some shots of Snowdonia from my pre-μ4/3 days (all with a Sony point and soot I think)...

Thanks for sharing

Cool thanks for sharing these :smile:

So you have done the mighty crib goch. Still gets my heart racing no matter how many time I do it and the scramble up is just unbeatable.

Number 2 has to be my favorite of your set.

akulya

Mu-43 Veteran
Crib Goch is a beauty, I'd love to get a good photo of it without the crowds or under some good dawn / dusk lighting. Well I'm not daft enough to go up at dusk, so that leaves a very early morning...maybe one day.

The one of Llanberis pass was taken from the Pen-y-pas carpark! We just pulled up to consult the map and watched the most amazing pre-sunset lightshow. The local weather system there is such a gamble, we got lucky that time - unike during one memorable ascent of Tryfan, where SCUBA gear would've been handy; I have never before been that wet.

Hope to get over there again with the new camera, tripod and bivi.

Latest threads

Top Bottom