Snowdonia from Moel Hebog

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Siejones, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Siejones

Siejones Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2010
    My first post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Well, ya sure know how to make an entrance...
    1st post...sheeeesh.... just great looking....
    thanks....

• Like Like x 2
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Great skies and impressive landscapes.

4. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    You don't like Snowdonia, You Love it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Siejones

Siejones Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2010
    Thanks very much guys :)

Your not wrong!

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Jeez, Wales is beautiful. I've never been to Snowdonia, but I spent a week bicycle touring farther south, down around St. Davids and I really fell in love with the area. I'd love to get back and check out the Snowdonia area, but there are so many places on THAT list that I don't know if or when I will....

In the meantime, thanks so much for those shots - I can live vicariously for now!

-Ray

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

8. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Siejones - I hope I'm not hijacking your thread,
    Here are some shots of Snowdonia from my pre-μ4/3 days (all with a Sony point and soot I think)...
    Crib Goch [​IMG]
    Llanberis pass[​IMG]
    Llyn Ogwen[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 2
  9. Siejones

Siejones Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 25, 2010
    The pembrokeshire coastline is great but yes you need to see Snowdonia my friend. I have visited it countless times now and pretty much stood on every peak from big to small several times and camped on many of them. But I still keep coming back for more and never get bored (only bored of the A5 drive in). Get up there and take you camera!

Cool thanks for sharing these :smile:

So you have done the mighty crib goch. Still gets my heart racing no matter how many time I do it and the scramble up is just unbeatable.

Number 2 has to be my favorite of your set.

• Like Like x 2
  10. akulya

akulya Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Crib Goch is a beauty, I'd love to get a good photo of it without the crowds or under some good dawn / dusk lighting. Well I'm not daft enough to go up at dusk, so that leaves a very early morning...maybe one day.

The one of Llanberis pass was taken from the Pen-y-pas carpark! We just pulled up to consult the map and watched the most amazing pre-sunset lightshow. The local weather system there is such a gamble, we got lucky that time - unike during one memorable ascent of Tryfan, where SCUBA gear would've been handy; I have never before been that wet.

Hope to get over there again with the new camera, tripod and bivi.