SnapSeed?

Apsyms

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Andrew
Does anyone have any experience using SnapSeed? If so, I was wondering what your favourite settings are~

homerusan

Mu-43 Regular
i use it with 3GS and decided not to change my iphone:)
just making some adjustments in "tune image" menu, and "tilt-shift" sometimes. and share with instgram...
result is always satisfiying

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
It's my "go to first" photo app on both the iPhone and iPad. For landscapes, I usually try the Drama filter, although you have to be careful not to get heavy-handed with it. Selective adjust can be rewarding as well.

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
I use it on the ipad whenever I'm travelling - download my photos to the ipad for storage and then process and upload a few of the better ones each day or two or whenever convenient. I give several of the filters a run through. Sometimes crop and/or straighten as needed. Tune image, detail, selective adjust. Sometimes dramatic filter, sometimes B&W, sometimes vintage (whether B&W or color). A dash of center focus (vignetting). I used to use frames all the time, but I don't like the current options under frames, so I'm not sure whether I'll use that going forward or not. I almost never use grunge or auto correct, or tilt-shift or the new retro-lux, although I have used a bit of grunge on rare occasion.

Its a great app to use on jpegs or raw+jpeg images, because it has a quality jpeg to work on. If you're just shooting raw, though, its just processing the really tiny embedded jpeg that loads with the raw file to display it and there's pretty much nothing to work with there, so if you're just shooting raw, I wouldn't use snapseed except as the most basic idea generator. But when I have a decent jpeg to work with, my snap seed processed photos end up being the final version - sometimes I reprocess them with more powerful stuff when I'm home at my Mac, but a surprising number of the snapseed processed shots end up better than anything I can come up otherwise...

-Ray

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Ray, that's a good point on the raw-only images. If I'm shooting raw, it's pretty much always raw+jpeg; sounds like it's pretty clear that Snapseed is smart enough to grab the full-size jpeg rather than the miniature thumbnail...?

StevenJay

Mu-43 Rookie
How do you get your pictures straight into your ipad? I have to down load them to my laptop first.

Steve

Foto_con_Sabor

Mu-43 Rookie
Personally, I absolutely love the app. What I usually do us shoot with an 8 gig eye-fi card in my EM5 that sends photos right to my iPhone 4s' camera roll. Go into snapseed, access the file, and adjust as I like. I'm still climbing the steep post processing learning curve, but this app is great for getting your feet wet!

Original

image-825946656.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Snapseed

image-629410148.jpg

Original

image-1394151666.jpg

Snapseed

image-1827820311.jpg

crsnydertx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chuck
Using the Eye-Fi card to transfer files used to be pretty cumbersome, involving the need for an accessible Wi-Fi connection and a fairly expensive app called ShutterSnitch.

No more; there is now a direct mode that, after setup, creates a temporary Wi-Fi network on your iPhone or iPad that permits easy uploading wherever you may be. When traveling on business, I use an Eye-Fi card in my GRD IV and transfer to my iPad for processing. Yes, I could do the SD card/Camera Connection Kit thing almost as easily, but it's nice to be able to make the transfer without all the plugging and unplugging...

Latest threads

Top Bottom