Snagged a Panasonic 20mm 1.7

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Josh_LSTV, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Josh_LSTV

Josh_LSTV Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I was going to wait a while before I bought one of these as I've spent too much money on photo gear lately, but while I was browsing B&H today I came across a used one for $290 and I couldn't pass that price up so I've now got a 20mm 1.7 in the mail. I'm looking forward to it.
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Good catch. It's a great lens.
  3. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    agree. i love that lens.
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    I love mine, nice find! :thumbup:
  5. Josh_LSTV

Josh_LSTV Mu-43 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah, I've been looking at these for a while on eBay and in the Buy&Sell section of this site, and have only seen one sell for the price I bought this one at so I'm very happy with the deal I got.

I received it today and it's in perfect condition except it had a finger print on the rear glass. While I tried to get rid of it with a cloth that I use to clean my glasses, all I managed to do was smear it more. Even so, this lens is very sharp and works extremely well in low light. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to clean this glass though? Thanks.
  6. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
  7. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    This lens is incredible in lowlight situations, I just love it.
  8. Bamamike

Bamamike Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2012
    Koblenz, Germany
    cleaning advice

I agree, lens pen is great. If this will fail you could use q-tips and isopropyl alcohol. The final clean-up will be again the lens pen. I did this even on a sensor.
  9. Llamaman

Llamaman New to Mu-43

Apr 20, 2012
    It's a great lens if you can get past the slow focussing (it's not so great for moving subjects). My most-used MFT lens by a margin.
  10. kuo34

kuo34 New to Mu-43

Jun 9, 2012
    Valdosta, GA
    Tried eyeglass cleaner and microfiber? Lenspen is good too.

I love the 20mm and I haven't put the kit lens back on my camera since I got mine. So great indoors!